[The logo is protected from the company]
SMART is a major research enterprise established by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in partnership with the National Research Foundation of Singapore (NRF). SMART serves as an intellectual hub for international research collaborations, not only between MIT and Singapore, but also involving researchers from the region and beyond. At SMART, we identify and carry out research on critical problems of societal importance. SMART is a magnet attracting and anc... Read More
|Address||SMART Headquarters 1 CREATE Way, #10-01 CREATE Tower Singapore 138602|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Corporate Communications Specialist
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute comprehensive media relations strategies for the SMART Centre and its programmes. Work with print, digital and social media to promote and enhance the visibility for the research and innovation at SMART.Oversee and coordinate all communications, including the writing, design and publishing of print publications and digital media.
- Write and/or edit press releases, fact-sheets, press/media kits, articles, newsletters to inform media, key partners and the general public about the SMART programs and initiatives, results, successes, and other achievements;
- Work proactively and collaboratively with researchers and others at SMART to identify stories. Interview SMART Principal Investigators and researchers and write articles for web sites, magazines, social media, and other appropriate media.
- Provide advice and support to SMART research groups on specialized media opportunities for their activities and initiatives;
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the media. Identify opportunities for press conferences; facilitate interviews with SMART Principal Investigators and SMART researchers; ;
- Oversee and update the content of SMART's web site and SMART research programs' web sites;
- Perform other related tasks as needed.
- A bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, or related field. Candidates with a Polytechnique diploma will be considered if they have significant experience in scientific writing.
- Five to seven years' experience working in external relations and/or communications preferred. Prior working relationship with the media and experience in the placement of major stories. Proven experience in writing and editing for both print and electronic formats including web publishing and content management, and communicating complex engineering and scientific concepts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to be proactive and take initiative to talk with researchers to identify stories. Ability to learn about and communicate scientific, engineering and technological stories. Ability to work with print and web contract writers, designers, editors, and printers. Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment. Ability to take direction from the Directors, Principal Investigators and peers.
Other Job Information
|Ms Lim Yueh Ping|
News - Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology
Job Responsibilities Develop communications plans, ... [more]
You will learn: How to make a sale Public Speak ... [more]