[The logo is protected from the company]
Schlumberger Limited, together with its subsidiaries, supplies technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to the oil and gas exploration and production industries worldwide. Its Reservoir Characterization Group segment provides reservoir imaging, monitoring, and development services; wireline technology that offers open-hole and cased-hole services; exploration and production pressure and flow-rate measurement services; information solutions, such as consulting, soft... Read More
|Address||5599 San Felipe 17th Floor Houston, TX 77056 United States|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Mechanical CAD Designer
Mechanical CAD Designer
Job Summary: Prepares and maintains engineering or sustaining project design layouts, production drawings and other related documentation per ANSI/ Schlumberger standards completely and accurately considering methods of manufacture, tolerance, and their effect on related parts or assemblies.
Relationships: Reports directly to the Project Manager, Team Leader or Mechanical Engineer.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties: • Functions as a design engineer for routine/correction (ECR & ECO).
• Prepares average complexity original mechanical layouts using the CAD system
• Depending on seniority, prepares and maintains the most complex mechanical and average complexity electrical/electronic product/production drawings and other related documentation from layouts, sketches, or verbal instruction using the CAD system on a consistent and competent basis.
• Responsible for the accuracy of his/ her own assignments except features of design which are the responsibility of the project engineer.
• Possesses a total understanding of ANSI/ Schlumberger drafting methods, standards and procedures.
• Possesses a total understanding of Schlumberger manufacturing processes and techniques, and interpretation of ANSI/ Schlumberger standards and procedures
• Possesses a total understanding of mechanical and basic knowledge of electrical/ electronic product line
• Maintains accurate status reports on all projects assigned.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
• Education: Diploma in Engineer or Mechanical Design
• Relevant working experience is preferred
• Understanding of 3D modelling is a requirement. Knowledge of Pro-E and autoCAD
• Knowledge of Manufacturing Technology
• Knowledge of Mechanical System Design
• Knowledge of Material Selection
• Good communication skills (written and oral)
• Ability to contribute independently
• Quality and detail oriented
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Other Job Information