[The logo is protected from the company]
Established in 2008, OpenNet is a joint venture between four partners – Axia NetMedia (Axia), Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel), Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) and Singapore Power Telecommunications (SPT). OpenNet carries on its shoulders the heavy responsibility of building, managing and operating a truly open high quality fibre platform for Singapore’s Next Generation Nationwide Broadband Network (Next Gen NBN). Read More
|Address||152 Beach Rd, Singapore 189721|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Network Engineer (Technical Services)
- Manage cabling work on ground level at sites.
- Be responsible to ensure all network equipment (e.g. switch, router, loadbalancers), servers and security appliances remain in good working order.
- Take on support of new network systems when they become operational.
- Respond to production emergencies speedily. This includes bringing up the hardware (in a crash) or processes, fixing problems or finding workarounds.
- Configure and manage the network management system (NMS)
- Besides network support, the candidate is expected to make scheduled changes/ enhancements to the configuration of network or system equipment that arises from service requests. The candidate shall document the standards and update the necessary documentations.
- To coordinate and manage all system backup activities, including health checks & recovery.
- Any other related duties/tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology or relevant discipline.
- Certified Cisco Network Professional (CCNP) is preferred
- Certification in ISO procedure or ITIL standard.
- The candidate will need strong knowledge in following protocols & functions:-
- Layer 2 technologies
- Redhat Unix administration
- Perl / Shell scripts
- 2 factor token authentication
- At least 12 months of hand-on experiences in the following products:-
- Cisco ACS
- Alcatel and Cisco switches
- Brocade switches
- Fortigate Firewall
- F5 and A10 load balancers
- RADIUS/TACACS AAA system implementation
- Infosim StableNet Network Management System. Experience in Cacti or Cricket implementation would be advantageous too
- Minimum 12 months of working experience in multiple Data Centre environments.
- 3 years experience in Operational Support.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently, a good team player and highly motivated, goal-oriented individual.
- Good analytical and trouble-shooting skills in the area of technical fault isolation and rectification.
Other Job Information