[The logo is protected from the company]
Founded in 1982, Neogen Corporation (NASDAQ: NEOG) has grown to more than 600 employees in multiple U.S. and international locations, and a worldwide presence. Neogen develops, manufactures and markets a diverse line of products dedicated to food and animal safety.The Company’s Lansing, Mich.-based Food Safety Division develops and markets dehydrated culture media, and rapid diagnostic test kits to detect foodborne bacteria, spoilage organisms, mycotoxins, food allergens, genetic modificatio... Read More
|Address||620 Lesher Place Lansing, MI 48912 USA|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Promotes use of and sells all Neogen animal safety products and services to equine, large animal and mixed practitioners, universities and diagnostic laboratories. Supports distribution channel to encourage product destruction. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Calls on veterinary customers, prospects, and distributor representatives in the field and by telephone, informs them of new and existing products/services, and explains characteristics and benefits.
* Promotes and sells all veterinary products and services offered by the company.
* Communicates with existing customer base on a consistent basis to: (1) monitor customer satisfaction; (2) resolve customer problems and concerns; (3) monitor competitive position; and (4) Provide technical support.
* Develops formal sales plans and strategies to penetrate new markets and increase market share and profitability of territory. Provides written updates on a quarterly basis.
* Completes an established minimum of documented sales contacts and customer visits per month. Reports must be turned in monthly.
* Quotes approved prices and persuades prospects and customers to buy either direct from Neogen or through distributors.
* Meets or exceeds budgeted sales revenues.
* Supports sales efforts of certified distributors and national accounts.
* Secures, records and places orders with others for filling and arranges delivery dates.
* Supports sales efforts of other sales staff members.
* Represents company and analyzes industry trade shows and meetings to: (1) promote products and services; (2) increase market and competitive knowledge; and (3) identify new products for distribution, OEM or development.
* Develops lists of prospects from city and telephone directories, trade and professional association membership lists, and other public records.
* Documents customer questions and answers.
* Documents product requests by customers or potential clients.
* Conducts market analysis and research as needed.
* Reads industry publications to keep abreast of industry; shares articles of interest with organization.
* Participates in annual budgeting process.
* Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
* Participates in the resolution of customer billing or collection problems.
* Operates office machines such as computer, facsimile, copier and adding machine.
* Assumes full responsibility for the loss, damage, or misuse of all Neogen property (i.e. laptop computer, cell phone, etc) while traveling in field, trade shows, and other business related travel.
* Copies data and compiles records and reports on sales activities. Records names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of customers and prospects solicited in CRM software program.
* Completes field sales call reports.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, or equivalent experience; one or two year's professional sales experience in agriculture or industry related field.
Other Job Information
Open Jobs - Neogen Corporation
- Diagnostic Production Technician II
- Information Technology Manager
- OEM Sales Representative
- QA/QC Technician II
- QC Chemist I
- Quality Assurance Coordinator
- Research & Development Tech
- Research Assistant
- Territory Manager
- Customer Support Scientist
- Diagnostic Production Technician
- Distributor Account Executive
- Human Resource Special Projects Assistant
- International Sales Manager
- Inventory Material Handler
- Lab Support Technician
- Laboratory Technician
- Market Development Manager
- Product Manager
- Production Manager, Animal Safety Manufacturing
- Production Planner
- Purchasing Agent
- Research Scientist
- Research Technician
- Shipping Manager
- Technical Service Representative
- Territory Manager
- Territory Manager