[The logo is protected from the company]
Founded in 1982, Neogen Corporation (NASDAQ: NEOG) has grown to more than 600 employees in multiple U.S. and international locations, and a worldwide presence. Neogen develops, manufactures and markets a diverse line of products dedicated to food and animal safety.The Company’s Lansing, Mich.-based Food Safety Division develops and markets dehydrated culture media, and rapid diagnostic test kits to detect foodborne bacteria, spoilage organisms, mycotoxins, food allergens, genetic modificatio... Read More
|Address||620 Lesher Place Lansing, MI 48912 USA|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
This position is responsible for all activities related to the shipping of finished goods to domestic and international customers and distributors from Neogen’s Hosmer Distribution Center/Warehouse. This will include ocean, air, small package, ground and freight modes, including HazMat. This role is also responsible for departmental budgets, (staffing, operating and capital), mitigation of shipping errors, departmental workflow efficiency improvements, transportation and customs documentation and quality metrics as related to the department. Customer returns processing will also report into this position.
* Directs and coordinates activities of shipping processes.
* Insures proper levels of shipping supplies are maintained to meet demands.
* Develops, writes, implements and revises departmental DIs and SOPs.
* Works to improve efficiencies of shipping processes and warehouse management.
* Works towards constant improvement in shipping complaints from customers, validates shipping errors and investigates root causes of shipping complaints.
* Insure all areas of responsibility are compliant to cGMP, ISO and MIOSHA regulations.
* Maintains general cleanliness and organization of physical areas responsible for.
* Works to minimize warehouse shrink.
* Secure competitive rate quotes from shippers as required.
* Eliminates non value added processes to improve efficiencies.
* Implements lean practices where efficiencies can be realized.
* Supervise direct reports and perform annual performance assessments.
* Develops and effectively executes departmental budgets, including staffing, capital and operating expenses.
* Prepare and present reports and analysis of data as required.
* Insures all staff are current in training requirement.
* Administers corporate policies and insures adherence to by staff.
* Lead special projects as assigned by Manager.
* Other duties as may be assigned by Management
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma with a minimum of 5 years direct shipping, distribution, warehousing logistical experience. Experience in an ISO/FDA regulated biologics manufacturing environment a plus. Knowledge of commercial shipping systems, WMIS and 1D / 2D barcoding systems as well as shipment of hazardous goods. Experience and training in domestic and international shipping. Experience with all modalities of distribution including small package air and ground, freight air and ground, and ocean container shipping.
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - Neogen Corporation
- Diagnostic Production Technician II
- Information Technology Manager
- OEM Sales Representative
- QA/QC Technician II
- QC Chemist I
- Quality Assurance Coordinator
- Research & Development Tech
- Research Assistant
- Territory Manager
- Customer Support Scientist
- Diagnostic Production Technician
- Distributor Account Executive
- Human Resource Special Projects Assistant
- International Sales Manager
- Inventory Material Handler
- Lab Support Technician
- Laboratory Technician
- Market Development Manager
- Product Manager
- Production Manager, Animal Safety Manufacturing
- Production Planner
- Purchasing Agent
- Research Scientist
- Research Technician
- Shipping Manager
- Technical Service Representative
- Territory Manager
- Territory Manager