[The logo is protected from the company]
Navarre® Corporation provides distribution, third party logistics, supply chain management and other related services for North American retailers and their suppliers. For over 25 years, the company has been a leading distributor for computer software, home entertainment media, consumer electronics and accessories. The company also publishes computer software in its Encore® subsidiary. Navarre was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Read More
|Address||7400 49th Avenue North Minneapolis, MN 55428|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Accounts Payable Lead
Navarre Corporation connects strong brands with smart logistics. Our company, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, provides distribution, third party logistics, supply chain management and other related services for North American retailers and their suppliers. Founded in 1983, Navarre has been a leading distributor for consumer electronics and accessories, home entertainment media, and computer software. The company also publishes computer software through its Encore® subsidiary.
We currently have an opening for an Accounts Payable Lead. This position reports directly to the Accounts Payable Manager and provides work direction and guidance to a team of six. The Accounts Payable Lead is also responsible for several Accounts Payable functions including vendor reconciliations, chargeback management, merchandise and operating payables, and month end duties. Finally, the role will assist the Accounts Payable Manager in ensuring that all department/corporate controls and processes are being accurately followed and in a timely manner.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Cash management. Perform cash projections. Along with the Accounts Payable Manager, work with the buyers to understand upcoming vendor payments and vendor payment schedules.
* Debit balance management. Manage accounts that are in a debit balance situation. Work with vendors directly to collect money owed. Pull information for monthly debit balance executive meeting.
* Chargeback process management. Work with the Sales team and other departments on chargebacks to vendors.
* Vendor relationships. Establish and maintain positive working relationship with vendors. Assist with all vendor reconciliations and maintenance of accounts.
* Supervisory. Support the team in the daily functions of their positions. Train new employees and ongoing departmental training as needed.
* Other A/P functions. Prepare daily payable requirements for A/P Manager. Monitor and assist in month end close procedures.
* Process improvement. Provide valuable feedback on departmental processes & procedures, system controls, system testing, and employee evaluations.
* Miscellaneous. Represent A/P in company meetings as well as vendor meetings.
* Other duties as assigned.
Navarre’s success has been a direct result of our ability to build lasting relationships with our customers, vendors, and most importantly, our employees. We provide a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced, service driven, results orientated, and collaborative working environment. If you desire an organization that will offer you the opportunity to be challenged in your career and value your ideas, join Navarre Corporation.
Navarre provides a complete benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurances; flexible spending accounts; short-term and long-term disability insurances; vacation, holidays, sick time, and personal days; and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
* Two or four-year degree preferred or equivalent work experience
* 3 – 5 years of work experience in Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable
* Team lead experience preferred
* Possess strong ERP (preferably SAP), Excel, Access, & Word skills
* Solid oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently
* Strong problem solving skills
* Excellent follow-through ability
* Strong leadership & team building skills
Other Job Information