[The logo is protected from the company]
In 1989, National Interstate Insurance opened its doors with the idea that customer service and personal attention mattered. That clients were more than mere claim numbers, they were people. With real lives and real questions and real needs.We built National Interstate around our customers. And in the process, we built one of the leading specialty property and casualty insurance companies in the country.A wholly-owned subsidiary of National Interstate Corporation (Nasdaq: NATL), National Inte... Read More
|Address||Headquarters 3250 Interstate Drive Richfield, Ohio 44286 330-659-8900|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Review submissions in order to decline/quote within the parameters of policy coverage's, state regulations, National Interstate's underwriting philosophy, and delegated authority.
* Analyze and interpret information such as applications, loss control reports, motor vehicle records, loss runs, and financial statements.
* Review and price commercial fleet auto insurance submissions.
* Responsible for new business production, including achievement of submission, quote, and premium objectives.
* Work with internal marketing representatives to renew a book of in-force business with an appropriate retention ratio: includes qualifying sales situations, communicating expectations, delivering sales quotes, and binding business.
* Monitor the assigned accounts waiting to be quoted so that all quotes are released to the Sales Department by the date needed, provided Sales has given adequate lead time.
* Obtain critical underwriting information (i.e., UM/UIM (Uninsured Motorist/Underinsured Motorist) rejection, collateral agreement, letter of credit, etc.) from Sales within specified time standards or, in cases on noncompliance, send a notice of cancellation.
* Place facultative reinsurance when authorized or required.
* Monitor assigned accounts, and periodically review critical underwriting information and performance against expected losses.
* Understand state insurance requirements, and provide coverage that complies with these requirements.
* Interpret documents such as loss runs, insurance policies, and procedure manuals.
* Prepare routine reports and correspondence.
* For each claim with an incurred loss of $50,000 or more, review the Claims Department's large loss report, and write a brief report including the actual account vs. expected frequency, claim patterns, and any recommendations for any additional information needed or actions that need to be taken.
* Work cooperatively with Underwriting, Sales, Claims and Accounting staff so that excellent service is provided to customers.
* Have all quotes approved by supervisor prior to release.
* Handle special projects, as assigned by the Underwriting Manager.
* All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, or a minimum of 5 years experience in the Property/Casualty industry with increasing responsibilities.
* Professional designation (CPCU, ARM, etc.) is a plus. CPCU course of study will be required in this position if the designation has not been obtained prior to hire.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write reports and defend conclusions.
* Ability to present information in front of groups and to comfortably speak in meetings is a plus.
* Working knowledge of PCs, including databases, word processing and spreadsheets.
* Ability to analyze information that is present in the overall underwriting process.
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - National Interstate Corporation
- Accounting Supervisor
- Assistant Product Manager II
- Broker Marketing Representative
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Claims Adjuster
- Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Claims Examiner
- Claims Representative
- Claims Supervisor
- Commercial Lines Clerical
- Energy Product Manager
- General Manager
- Junior Accountant
- Marketing Representative Trainee
- Product Analyst
- Product Management Associate
- Programmer II
- QA Analyst
- Regional Account Manager
- Senior Claims Examiner
- Senior Claims Examiner (Captive)
- Senior Physical Damage Claims Examiner
- Staff Accountant
- Staff Accountant
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriting Manager
- Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Supervisor