[The logo is protected from the company]
In 1989, National Interstate Insurance opened its doors with the idea that customer service and personal attention mattered. That clients were more than mere claim numbers, they were people. With real lives and real questions and real needs.We built National Interstate around our customers. And in the process, we built one of the leading specialty property and casualty insurance companies in the country.A wholly-owned subsidiary of National Interstate Corporation (Nasdaq: NATL), National Inte... Read More
|Address||Headquarters 3250 Interstate Drive Richfield, Ohio 44286 330-659-8900|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
The primary responsibility of this position is overseeing our salvage program. This includes following up on open salvage inventory, title processing, working with various salvage vendors, contacting salvage buyers for payment and entering all salvage recovery checks. This is in addition to handling assigned personal and commercial lines glass and tow claims utilizing state specific guidelines
* Initiate the investigation of new claims concerning glass and tow.
* Contact glass vendors to negotiate pricing as needed.
* Recognize coverage issues, and bring them to the attention of the supervisor.
* Send and secure documentation as needed for claims handling.
* Summarize and make recommendations for the disposition of claims in excess of the individual settlement authority.
* Document claim file notes clearly with all communications and activities that occur during the handling of the claim using factual and objective information. Initial subject lines should summarize the most important aspects of the file entry since the insured has access to this information.
* Manage a diary system to systematically review and resolve claims within the specified state compliance guidelines.
* Maintain state license(s) by completing continuing education coursework.
* Work with the adjusters on issuing payment of advanced charges to salvage vendor before vehicle is auctioned.
* Work with the salvage vendor to make sure they have the necessary paperwork to process the title. Secure additional forms as needed.
* Monitor vehicles on the salvage vendor’s website, which includes vehicles that have been at individual lots in excess of 90 days. Notify the supervisor, as needed.
* Monitor late payments on the salvage vendor’s website to make sure that adjusters are timely paying invoices.
* Post salvage money as received to the total loss register and in the claims system.
* Other duties as assigned by the claims supervisor.
# High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and claim service experience.
# Claims designation and/or state licensing is a plus.
# Commercial auto and multi-state experience is helpful.
# Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience strongly preferred in Word, Excel and Outlook Express.
# Ability to read and interpret insurance policies and state laws and regulations.
# Ability to speak effectively before vendors, customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - National Interstate Corporation
- Accounting Supervisor
- Assistant Product Manager II
- Broker Marketing Representative
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Claims Adjuster
- Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Claims Examiner
- Claims Representative
- Claims Supervisor
- Commercial Lines Clerical
- Energy Product Manager
- General Manager
- Junior Accountant
- Marketing Representative Trainee
- Product Analyst
- Product Management Associate
- Programmer II
- QA Analyst
- Regional Account Manager
- Senior Claims Examiner
- Senior Claims Examiner (Captive)
- Senior Physical Damage Claims Examiner
- Staff Accountant
- Staff Accountant
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriting Manager
- Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Supervisor
News - National Interstate Corporation
ResponsibilitiesSummary Supervise a captive claim unit b ... [more]
We are conducting a major Walk-In-Interviews for Agency ... [more]
We are having opening of Assistant/ Associate Manager - ... [more]