[The logo is protected from the company]
In 1989, National Interstate Insurance opened its doors with the idea that customer service and personal attention mattered. That clients were more than mere claim numbers, they were people. With real lives and real questions and real needs.We built National Interstate around our customers. And in the process, we built one of the leading specialty property and casualty insurance companies in the country.A wholly-owned subsidiary of National Interstate Corporation (Nasdaq: NATL), National Inte... Read More
|Address||Headquarters 3250 Interstate Drive Richfield, Ohio 44286 330-659-8900|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Claims Adjuster Trainee
Investigate and handle Personal Lines and Traditional Commercial Auto claims involving first and third party non-injury claimants utilizing state specific guidelines. The incumbent should develop a fundamental understanding of the claims environment while providing quality customer service.
* Initiate the investigation of new claims, make liability decisions, and evaluate and negotiate settlements of collision, comprehensive, and property damage losses, as appropriate.
* Manage and oversee the work of outside adjusters, appraisers, and experts.
* Develop a basic understanding of liability and coverage principles.
* Recognize state specific laws and claims regulations throughout the United States to insure proper compliance in claims investigation, including sending and securing proper documentation.
* Complete research to determine the market value on automobiles and heavy equipment in order to make recommendations on total loss settlement values using proper state valuation methods.
* Summarize and make recommendations for the disposition of claims in excess of the individual settlement authority.
* Audit fees of independent adjusters, appraisers, and other vendors in order to properly manage and pay expense invoices.
* Document claim file notes clearly with all communications and activities that occur during the handling of the claim using factual and objective information.
* Respond to time sensitive materials, including but not limited to inter-company arbitration hearings and departments of insurance complaints.
* Manage a diary system to systematically review and resolve claims within the specified state compliance guidelines.
* Maintain state license(s) by completing continuing education coursework and/or work towards a claims designation.
* Complete pictorials within the designated timeframe.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree and customer service experience.
* Claims designation and/or state licensing is a plus.
* Ability to read and interpret insurance policies, state laws and regulations, and vehicle and property appraisals and invoices.
* Ability to compose professional letters, emails, reports, and comprehensive file notes.
* Ability to speak effectively before vendors, customers, claimants, attorneys, and company management.
* Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Must be able to interpret policies, perform analytical research and investigations, and make sound judgements from data and records collected.
* Strong analytical skills required.
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - National Interstate Corporation
- Accounting Supervisor
- Assistant Product Manager II
- Broker Marketing Representative
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Claims Adjuster
- Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Claims Examiner
- Claims Representative
- Claims Supervisor
- Commercial Lines Clerical
- Energy Product Manager
- General Manager
- Junior Accountant
- Marketing Representative Trainee
- Product Analyst
- Product Management Associate
- Programmer II
- QA Analyst
- Regional Account Manager
- Senior Claims Examiner
- Senior Claims Examiner (Captive)
- Senior Physical Damage Claims Examiner
- Staff Accountant
- Staff Accountant
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriting Manager
- Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Supervisor
News - National Interstate Corporation
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowe ... [more]