[The logo is protected from the company]
In 1989, National Interstate Insurance opened its doors with the idea that customer service and personal attention mattered. That clients were more than mere claim numbers, they were people. With real lives and real questions and real needs.We built National Interstate around our customers. And in the process, we built one of the leading specialty property and casualty insurance companies in the country.A wholly-owned subsidiary of National Interstate Corporation (Nasdaq: NATL), National Inte... Read More
|Address||Headquarters 3250 Interstate Drive Richfield, Ohio 44286 330-659-8900|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Investigate liability and settle claims involving primarily first and third-party non-injury claims involving state specific guidelines. This position requires contacts with all involved parties in order to take statements and make liability decisions once all supporting documentation is received. The incumbent must effectively communicate these decisions in a timely manner.
* Initiate the investigation of new claims, make liability decisions, and evaluate and negotiate settlements of collision, specified perils and property damage losses, as appropriate.
* Manage and oversee the work of outside adjusters, appraisers, and experts.
* Recognize coverage issues and bring them to the attention of the supervisor.
* Develop a basic understanding of liability and coverage principles.
* Complete research to determine the market value on automobiles and heavy equipment in order to make recommendations on total loss settlement values using proper state valuation methods.
* Summarize and make recommendations for the disposition of claims in excess of the individual settlement authority.
* Audit fees of independent adjusters, appraisers, and other vendors in order to properly manage and pay expense invoices. Consult with the supervisor for guidance on the use of outside experts.
* Document claim file notes clearly with all communications and activities that occur during the handling of the claim using factual and objective information. Initial subject lines should summarize the most important aspects of the file entry since the insured has access to this information.
* Respond to time sensitive material, including but not limited to intercompany arbitration hearings and department of insurance complaints.
* Manage a diary system to systematically review and resolve claims within the specified state compliance guidelines.
* Investigate and evaluate the subrogation potential of all files.
* Maintain state license(s) by completing continuing education coursework and/or work towards a claims designation.
* Other duties as assigned by the claims supervisor.
* Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1 year of experience handling first party physical damage and disputed liability claims, or equivalent experience.
* Commercial auto and multi-state experience is helpful.
* Claims designation and/or state licensing is a plus.
* Ability to establish a rapport and communicate with insured’s regarding claim handling, liability decisions, reserves, and settlements.
* Must be able to interpret policies, perform analytical research and investigations, and make sound judgments from data and records collected.
* Must have strong analytical and reasoning skills.
* Required to participate in after-hours emergency phone rotation in one week increments 1 to 2 times a year.
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - National Interstate Corporation
- Accounting Supervisor
- Assistant Product Manager II
- Broker Marketing Representative
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Claims Adjuster
- Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Claims Examiner
- Claims Representative
- Claims Supervisor
- Commercial Lines Clerical
- Energy Product Manager
- General Manager
- Junior Accountant
- Marketing Representative Trainee
- Product Analyst
- Product Management Associate
- Programmer II
- QA Analyst
- Regional Account Manager
- Senior Claims Examiner
- Senior Claims Examiner (Captive)
- Senior Physical Damage Claims Examiner
- Staff Accountant
- Staff Accountant
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriting Manager
- Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Supervisor
News - National Interstate Corporation
No Related Jobs