[The logo is protected from the company]
Nanosphere develops, manufactures and markets an advanced molecular diagnostic platform, the Verigene System, which enables simple, cost-effective, and highly sensitive nucleic acid (DNA and RNA) and protein testing on a single platform.Our breakthrough technology helps hospitals improve patient care and lowers costs by providing time-critical information, allowing earlier detection of disease and more targeted treatment. Our products have the potential to: * Empower physicians to better... Read More
|Address||Nanosphere, Inc. 4088 Commercial Ave Northbrook, IL 60062|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Nanosphere has committed to recruiting an outstanding IT Manager during a critical period of the Company’s growth and evolution. The IT Manager will report directly to the Company’s Chief Financial Officer, and will serve as a key member of the company’s operations team.
The role entails providing comprehensive oversight, support, and administration for our heterogeneous IT infrastructure. Our infrastructure is comprised of Windows, Linux, and VMware servers, Cisco networking equipment, and Windows and Mac OS/X desktop systems. A successful candidate will be able to provide all aspects of technical support and administration for both server and desktop systems to ensure that the systems perform within the terms of their respective service level agreements. Provide day-to-day support, monitoring, reporting, configuration, management and backup of LAN and WAN systems.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone comfortable working independently as well highly flexible and extremely detailed orientated. This position is for the candidate who is looking to take on additional responsibilities as the company grows.
* Ensure that the integrity of all systems is maintained.
* Work closely with functional groups, to ensure the services offered are to the highest order.
* Provide off hours support and work the occasional weekend / evening where necessary to perform upgrades, repairs or troubleshooting.
* Maintain and recommend new security policies.
* Keep up to date with industry technology and advice on skill gaps and approaches.
* Display excellent technical working knowledge of Windows, VMware, Linux, TCP/IP networking, Cisco equipment, databases administration, and data center virtualization.
* Solid experience in managing growing IT environment.
* Experience archiving business warehouse, workflow administration.
* A self starter with the ability to work to tight timescales and be prepared to work occasional overtime.
* Communicate effectively with customers, and work well under pressure. Need to be conscientious and see problems through to a completion with a high emphasis on problem ownership.
* Able to organize their time effectively on a daily and weekly basis with a high emphasis on efficient self time management; reporting problems and requesting assistance as required.
* Excellent attention to detail, diligence and professionalism necessary for a business support role.
* Proven ability to prioritize utilize outside resources when necessary.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* 5+ years of relevant experience
* Very high level of attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated ability to solve problems with little supervision
* Must be flexible in a changing environment.
* Commitment to excellence in review and work product.
* Highly motivated and energetic – enjoys working hard in a dynamic team environment
Other Job Information