[The logo is protected from the company]
At NIC Inc. (NASDAQ: EGOV), we help governments deliver valuable information and services to constituents 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Citizens and businesses in 27 states enjoy the efficiencies NIC brings to interacting with government. NIC completed 150 million online transactions and securely processed more than $17.8 billion on behalf of its government partners in 2011.Use this section to learn more about what makes NIC the eGovernment industry leader. Read More
|Address||25501 West Valley Parkway Suite 300 Olathe, Kansas 66061|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Lead Project Manager
PRINCIPLE PURPOSE OF JOB:
Reporting to the Director of Project Management by way of the Lead Project Manager (LPM) the Project Manager will be responsible for the overall success of the projects within their purview.
This position is responsible for driving the documentation and proactive communication of project goals, measures of success, plans, statuses, issues and risks in a timely manner to team members, stakeholders and senior management to assure strategic and program alignment and the timely resolution of issues, risks and roadblocks.
This position is a member of the PMO development team, assisting in the creation of process and project artifacts, and raising the level of project management maturity in the enterprise.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Project Manager:
* Must lead project teams and manage activities associated with projects that are typically cross-department or organizational entity-wide in scope. Projects may be simple or complex and technical in nature, and may last weeks to more than one year in duration.
* Must work closely with the department heads and the Executive team to establish the scope and goals of the project and provide leadership for the definition and delivery of project initiatives
* Must develop key project documentation to thoroughly understand what staff member(s) and or consultant(s) are needed to complete projects – e.g., statements-of-work, change orders, project plans, issues list, risk management lists, status reports, meeting agendas, post-mortem reports, etc.
* Must establish and manage a pragmatic, detailed plan to ensure the project is executed on time and meets the goals of the sponsor.
* Must work with the cross functional teams to identify, articulate, and manage project risks and issues.
* Must drive project issues through to resolution using the methodology established in the organization and effectively manage and control project changes
* Must proactively manage staff including consultants and external vendors
* Must effectively communicate and advise the management team of project statuses, which includes inter project dependencies, external project dependencies, & realistic timelines for completion.
* Develop and manage complex project plans and budgets, working with team members to understand problems, focus on bringing issues to resolution, and escalate as necessary to meet timelines.
* Create and deliver presentations on project goals and plans, including progress reports.
* Must analyze and effectively report on project metrics – e.g., ETC, EV, profitability, project progress, risk & issues etc.
Best-Fit Qualifications Profile
* Project Management role within an IT Project Management Office (PMO), or within an IT department independent of a PMO.
* Viewed as an expert individual contributor in project management methodologies and IT disciplines because of diverse and wide-ranging IT and project management experience.
* Demonstrable history of implementing project management best practices leveraging multiple methodologies.
* PMO stand-up experience.
* Experience with E-Commerce projects, specifically online payment engines and/or credit card transactions.
* Leadership experience with project teams.
* PMP Certification
* Scrum Master certification
* ITIL ITSM Foundation certification
* Relevant project management experience with a focus in SDLC Project Management
Best Fit Attitudes/Soft Skills
* Positive Attitude – Displays enthusiasm for the industry.
* Self-aware - understanding of personal abilities and honest assessment of areas requiring growth. Solicits feedback and listens to others- acknowledges opportunity to improve.
* Reliability – committed, punctual, accountable
* Professionalism - Ability to ethically communicate effectively in writing and verbally. Soft skills to represent the organization clearly and accurately.
* Initiative - Ambition to keep learning and improving themselves and others. Takes advantage of opportunities for more responsibility. Focus on career development of self and others. Dedication to the PMO efforts and strategic plans of the business. Seeks continual improvement.
* Respect – Sets clear expectations for self and others. Exhibits active listening skills and solicits/considers views of others when making decisions.
* Integrity – honesty, trustworthiness, forthrightness, accountability
* Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Engineering, Computer Science, or other related scientific, technical or business discipline
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, or the willingness to obtain within 120 days.
* Strong understanding of the full SDLC and experience with formal SDLC Methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, RUP, etc.)
* Demonstrable expertise in creating Work Break Down Structures, Risk Management techniques, Gantt Charts, Pert Charts, Cost Estimating, and other concepts associated with project management methodologies.
* Experience performing risk and issue management including strategies related to identifying risks, tracking and mitigating risks.
* Hands on experience using PM Tools to manage project execution (i.e. MS Project Server, Daptiv, Clarity etc.)
* Demonstrated effective communications and group facilitation skills.
* Ability to identify and understand complex problems/issues and develop effective solutions.
* Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Other Job Information