[The logo is protected from the company]
Megachem Limited is a leading supplier of specialty chemicals, a premier one-stop distributor and manufacturer of industrial specialty products. Incorporated in 1988, we have a global presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, China, Vietnam, India, UK and Middle-east covering a diverse customer base hailing from a wide spectrum of industries.We distribute more than 1000 types and grades of specialty chemicals spanning a wide and comprehensive range of applications. In... Read More
|Address||132 Pioneer Road Singapore 639588 Tel: (65) 6863 3818|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Production Engineer plays the roles of providing technical support to production continuity, customer enquires about process and production, quality control, troubleshooting and EHS matters. By identifying bottlenecks in internal processes across work flow involving order fulfillment, quality control, production schedule, production process improvements, troubleshooting, the engineer shall work closely with Operations Manager to establish and improve overall work plan, within proper budget and meeting Company’s goals.
Main Roles & Responsibilities
- Schedule daily production to maximize the utilization of equipments, time and workforce within customer’s requirements.
- Manage and motivate the production team to achieve highest productivity by means of optimizing all resources from material, machineries, manpower and time.
- Attend to customers’ enquiries related to product quality, Plant process problems, troubleshooting and production feedbacks.
- Plan and execute maintenance (Corrective, preventive and predictive) to minimize downtimes.
- Co-operate with chemist to conduct new blending and manage re-work and any QC-related technical activities.
- Develop and implement programs to improve cost effectiveness, security, safety and manufacturing standards.
- Ensure all activities in the company are in compliance with industrial / local regulations and laws.
- Ensure all periodic reports and statistics are delivered on time
- Participate actively in special / cross functional projects such as process improvement and identification of best practices for implementation
- Accept ad-hoc assignments and tasks as it is deemed necessary for smooth running of the operations
- At least a Diploma in Engineering, preferably in mechanical or electrical or Chemical industry
- Preferably with 3 years of working experience in the field of chemistry, chemical engineering and general industry.
- Strong analytical thinking, attentive to details, resourceful and results oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Positive thinking, independent and able to work under pressure
- A team player who is able to work with all levels of people and has a mature personality
- Knowledgeable of the ISO procedures and basic understanding of EWSH regulations
- Strong supervisory skills in managing a team of 20 over workers in manufacturing environment
- Proactive with good communication skills
- Conversant in MS office (Words, Excel, Powerpoint) and working knowledge of SAP
- Willing to work long hours if necessary
Interested applicants, please email your resume in either MS Word or PDF format stating current and expected salary, contact number and a recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 28 Feb 2013.
Other Job Information