[The logo is protected from the company]
Cubic Defence New Zealand Ltd is a member of the Cubic Corporation whose Head Office is located in San Diego. Cubic provides Engineering Development together with Operations and Maintenance support to Armed Forces for Battlefield Communications and Simulators. Cubic operates a Singapore branch office responsible for supporting the in-country programmes in Singapore and within the Asia-Pacific Region. This includes management of in-country activities such as installation and testing of new or ... Read More
|Address||International Sales and Marketing 51 Gold Hill Plaza #07-05 SINGAPORE 30890|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Senior Embedded Software/Hardware Engineer
To perform complex software engineering duties using their own initiative, following established standards and procedures, and working closely with other engineering disciplines.
As a secondary role also provide Hardware development capability as per Section 2 below. In other words the ideal candidate is an all-round embedded system developer with excellent software skills and intermediate level hardware skill.
Note: Candidates who are not so strong in Hardware development but are strong in embedded software will still be considered for this role.
Other key purposes are to support the Software Development Facility Team Leader in implementing continuous improvement in relation to the Software Engineering function and to ensure that the design process, checks and validations consistently produce quality outputs.
- Performs complex software engineering duties including the full-range of programming tasks: problem analysis, solution determination, code design and development, integration, test, modification, and documentation.
- Plans and participates in software systems development from inception to completion, which may include gaining customer acceptance.
- Assists in the preparation of design specifications. Creates logic flowcharts and block diagrams.
- Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs. Develops circuit, component, subsystem and equipment interfaces, and procurement specifications.
- Monitors project status and progress. Manages the schedule for software engineering tasks.
- Provides project management feedback on a daily and weekly basis in order to maintain a realistic schedule.
- Defines test schedules and test data requirements. Recommends test controls, strategies, apparatus and equipment.
- Prepares design proposals to reflect cost, schedule and technical approach. Develops technical and cost data and assists in writing new business proposals.
Minimum qualifications required:
- Tertiary qualification(s) in the field of electrical engineering or computer science.
- Draw on knowledge and experience of writing and maintaining code in C (or Assembler) for ARM, 8051, AVR or similar microprocessors families.
- Design and create new software for a microcontroller on a custom PCB, including bootloaders, device drivers and ISRs.
- Read and understand the source code of the existing product lines with the purpose of maintaining and improving documented functionality.
- Start software development from datasheets and schematics prior to receiving physical hardware.
- Effectively use a scripting language (such as Python) to automate repetitive engineering tasks.
- Assist with debugging new hardware.
- Revisit design decisions to due changing requirements
- Co-operate with system-level engineers in formulating requirements and test specifications.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers on an ad-hoc basis as and when required by the project.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with hardware test equipment including, but not limited to, JTAG, oscilloscopes, multi-meters and bench power supplies.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Windows-based office tools including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, power Point, Video and Outlook.
- Five years minimum proven experience in the field of electrical engineering or computer science.
- Proven experience in developing low level software for various microcontrollers and related embedded peripherals.
- Proven ability to interpret schematic diagrams in order to create software solutions for a specific hardware design.
- The ability to keep up with new technologies and methodologies.
- The ability to work well in a team environment, relating to a range of different personality types.
- The ability to display good problem-solving skills in a variety of situations – even under pressure.
- The ability to prioritise work and complete multiple tasks.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work under project deadlines and associated cost and schedule constraints.
- Must be able to travel.
To consistently produce electronic designs of excellence which exceed the customer’s value, schedule and feature expectations, while contributing in developing a continuous improvement culture.
To assist in the product definition.
This includes but not limited to:
- Defining important product requirements, both technical and commercial,
- Proposing product solution alternatives,
- Contributing to product briefs,
- Deriving HW requirements from customer requirements and write product specification.
To produce effective design. This includes
- Detailed product design,
- Schematics entry,
- PCB layout,
- Hardware prototyping,
- Testing and writing test reports,
- System integration,
- System testing,
- Preparing and maintaining test plans,
- Ensuring that test results and knowledge gained is recorded in a form that is accessible to other designers.
- Assist in writing and/or write product manuals (instruction, maintenance and technical)
To assist the programme and staff managers in planning the design requirements and managing future work. This includes:
- Preparing and maintaining development plans,
- Preparing and maintaining implementation plans,
- Contributing to the preparation of capital acquisition plans.
Ensure own health and safety and that of others by following all rules and procedures, reporting and managing all hazards in the work area and actively contributing to, and participating in, company health and safety initiatives.
Minimum qualifications required:
Tertiary qualifications in the field of electronic engineering.
1. 3-8 years experience
2. Experience in digital and analogue circuits and low –power, battery-based design,
3. Experience with RF design and EMC would be an advantage,
4. Experience with Altium designer Suite would be preferred,
Interested Candidates, kindly forward your detailed resume to email@example.com
Please include the following in your resume:
1. Recent Photo
2. Reasons for leaving your current and previous employment(s)
3. Availability/ Notice of period required
4. Last drawn/ current and expected salary
Other Job Information