[The logo is protected from the company]
Chevron, a Fortune 500 company, is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. Read More
|Address||30 Raffles Pl, Singapore 048622|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Requisition Number: CUSA27544
Location: Singapore- Chevron House
• Primary interface for all petroleum product-related commercial activities. Acts as consultant to Trading, Refining, Value Chain Optimisation, Marketing and Planning teams on product price issues, specifications and commercial opportunities.
• Provides commercial expertise in new project evaluations including support on commercial negotiations, commercial deal structuring, project feasibility studies, develop project scoping economics, due diligence processes, evaluate new product specifications and provide forecasted product pricing for project evaluation, export alternatives, facility design, target market analysis, competitor analysis and freight rate forecasts.
• Participates in developing regional strategic planning activities. Provides market analysis and competitive intelligence.
• Fosters cross-area/regional and cross-functional optimisation. Evaluates long-term logistics, supply and trading opportunities (e.g., marine and pipeline transportation alternatives, tankage utilisation). Recommends long term logistics, supply and trading strategies.
• Supports the championing of product specifications changes in countries where Chevron has a marketing presence.
• Maintains close interface with Value Chain Optimisation, Refining, Transportation & Operations and Marketing teams to ensure seamless flow of market information and alignment on activities to facilitate enterprise value.
• Collaborates with the Strategy team to develop Chevron Points of Views with special focus on Asia.
• Manages Service Level Agreements with Refining and Marketing entities.
• Seeks and develops new market opportunities based on knowledge of regional & global commodity markets to improve reliability and cost of supply to Marketing, improve netbacks for Refining and grow Trading earnings.
• Helps to develop and sustain a high caliber commercial analyst team with first tier commercial skills. Participates in career development and succession planning.
• Degree in Chemical Engineering is preferred.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in refining, production planning, supply and trading.
• This position requires the ability to positively influence the commercial teams in Joint Venture & Affiliated refineries to maximise the benefit for the joint venture & affiliated refineries and Chevron. A thorough understanding and effective implementation of the different Operating Agreements for the Joint Venture and Affiliated refineries is important to protect Chevron’s interest. The refineries operate in different countries and across different culture.
• Requires good commercial and business understanding of all aspects of the supply chain for naphtha, mogas, jet, gasoil, feedstock, fuel oil, asphalt, intermediate products and carbon including economic drivers, market influences and key interfaces amongst manufacturing, marketing, upstream and supply & trading.
• Requires good understanding of regional & global trading and related businesses (terminaling, shipping, and logistics) and an appreciation of the use of financial trading instruments.
• Requires good understanding of refinery operations & economics, production planning and blending operations & economics.
To learn more and apply, visit careers.chevron.com no later than 14 February 2013. By submitting an application/uploading your resume or CV, you acknowledge and agree that you are providing personal information about you to Chevron, it subsidiaries and affiliates, to consider whether you are an appropriate candidate for a position and that such information may be shared with Chevron affiliates, subsidiaries, or vendors and may be transferred to locations outside the country of collection.
All information supplied will be treated as strictly confidential for the purpose of selection and recruitment. Only short-listed candidates will be notified, for candidates not selected, we would like to thank you in advance for your interest in a Chevron career.
Other Job Information