Caregory:  Team Management

Added on:  9/20/2013 7:06:40 PM

Views:  4

Replies:  29

Job Promotion

My manager is quitting soon.  I'd like to be promoted to his management job.  Should I talk to him about it?
janica

janica Replied on 2/10/2017 at 4:51 AM

A bad boss is also the number one reason why employees quit their job.” ... Managing up is always a challenge, and you can't transform a bad boss into a good ... if you try to connect with him — and that often means putting yourself in his shoes. ..... health center and I enjoy my job and feel like I'd be abandoning my clients.

janica

janica Replied on 1/25/2017 at 5:43 AM

Two managers who need to figure out what to do (hire, reorg, etc) havent' talked. ... can shift/get promoted to do my old job while I oversee the sites/him and other staff. ... Why not talk to boss and ask them to suggest you as a replacement? ... Boss is leaving, I'd like to be considered for his/her replacement.

janica

janica Replied on 1/17/2017 at 4:52 AM

I like my company, I like my team-lead, I like my manager, and they like me too .... At the same time, the how-to-do-this-job things that CAN be trained really .... I cut down the whopping 3 months' notice I'd intended to give, to 4 weeks, ... thing to do would be to have a chat with your line manager and let him know of your plans ...

Angeline

Angeline Replied on 1/9/2017 at 5:02 AM

Internship can be paid or unpaid. ... Employees who gets training remain the permanent employees of the company while internship provide short-term employment and temporary position. Companies offered internship program in summer when students are free from universities.

Angeline

Angeline Replied on 1/9/2017 at 5:01 AM

I like my company, I like my team-lead, I like my manager, and they like me too .... At the same time, the how-to-do-this-job things that CAN be trained really .... I cut down the whopping 3 months' notice I'd intended to give, to 4 weeks, ... thing to do would be to have a chat with your line manager and let him know of your plans

Brandom

Brandom Replied on 12/20/2016 at 4:54 AM

You should.

janica

janica Replied on 12/8/2016 at 4:02 AM

Well I expected the same, the day he left the company new manager has joined o behalf of his position.

rebacca

rebacca Replied on 11/29/2016 at 5:11 AM

Check out this article.http://fortune.com/2013/10/24/how-to-tell-your-boss-you-want-to-move-up-but-not-into-his-job

pam

pam Replied on 10/24/2016 at 5:10 AM

You can ask you ex- boss to recommend your name.

tina

tina Replied on 10/14/2016 at 5:05 AM

Speak to your boss.

Amore

Amore Replied on 9/29/2016 at 4:18 AM

I am also dealing with the same suitation, should I raise my name? Please Advise?

Genni

Genni Replied on 9/5/2016 at 5:02 AM

Just ask your superior.

Riya

Riya Replied on 4/27/2016 at 5:16 AM

If you deserve then yes.

Riya

Riya Replied on 3/29/2016 at 4:26 AM

Must read this article.http://fortune.com/2013/10/24/how-to-tell-your-boss-you-want-to-move-up-but-not-into-his-job/

Riya

Riya Replied on 2/16/2016 at 4:30 AM

Speak to your boss.

Riya

Riya Replied on 2/11/2016 at 4:01 AM

Perform your best.

Riya

Riya Replied on 2/9/2016 at 4:25 AM

The advancement of an employee within a company position or job tasks. A job promotion may be the result of an employee's proactive pursuit of a higher ranking or as a reward by employers for good performance. Typically is also associated with a higher rate of pay or financial bonus.

Riya

Riya Replied on 2/4/2016 at 4:38 AM

oss gave notice and she's out in a week. Two managers who need to figure out what to do (hire, reorg, etc) havent' talked. I'm on good terms with both. Higher boss knows I always wanted to get promoted. The position requires someone who knows the ins and outs of the sites as well as company red tape, policy, regs, etc. Well, I know it like the back of my hand.But since they haven't talked. Since the job hasn't officially posted. Since the current boss hasnt' left out the door yet, how and when do I put a word in that I want the job. I also have an argument on how giving it to me saves the company money because it's a downgrade in level for them yet a "promo" for me (so everyone wins). I have an excellent relationship with internal stakeholders/IT staff. I've done budgets, the sites, etc. And now they put someone who works with me but at a lower level on my project so in reality, he can shift/get promoted to do my old job while I oversee the sites/him and other staff. I see it as a win/win for everyone without them even stepping outside the door. And the kicker is no one internally is qualified for this open boss position except me. (and no one would want it anyway). The two bosses can stay where they are in the org chart and still oversee the major elements like they do now. I just roll big reports, status, etc. to them.

Riya

Riya Replied on 12/17/2015 at 5:45 AM

Do your best.you will get best.

Riya

Riya Replied on 11/23/2015 at 5:36 AM

Show your best , you will get the best.

Riya

Riya Replied on 10/12/2015 at 6:49 AM

Wait for your turn

Riya

Riya Replied on 10/6/2015 at 5:24 AM

Depends on your performance.

Riya

Riya Replied on 8/26/2015 at 4:41 AM

Just apply for your post.

Riya

Riya Replied on 8/14/2015 at 5:44 AM

yes, you should talk to your superior head.

Riya

Riya Replied on 8/4/2015 at 4:31 AM

If you ae hard workingand you all over performance is goos, then yes.

Riya

Riya Replied on 7/27/2015 at 4:43 AM

Show up your productivity.

Riya

Riya Replied on 7/10/2015 at 10:00 AM

Show your best performance.

Riya

Riya Replied on 7/2/2015 at 8:51 AM

Yes, you can.

aniket

aniket Replied on 4/3/2015 at 3:47 PM

If his recommendation is a criteria for filling the post, then definitely have a chat.

Please Login or Register to post a comment.