Caregory:  Training

Added on:  9/13/2013 10:23:52 AM

Views:  1

Replies:  25

Training Responsibilities

If I've been asked to train a new employee at the office, should I expect a raise in the near future?
janica

janica Replied on 2/21/2017 at 5:20 AM

I think that I should get a raise because I will have to be trained to do this ... I've been in this position for about six months. ... If so, how much should I negotiate for? ... employees have to pitch in and pick up additional work, and raises ... for a title increase, and getting a wage review in the near-ish future.

janica

janica Replied on 2/6/2017 at 6:02 AM

- I think that I should get a raise because I will have to be trained to do this ... I've been in this position for about six months. ... employees have to pitch in and pick up additional work, and raises rarely come along with it. .... However, be sure that you give immediate feedback to your supervisor if the work ...

janica

janica Replied on 1/27/2017 at 5:07 AM

Can and how do I professionally decline additional duties/ ... Background: I've been in the same position for almost 4 years. ... for a promotion as part of taking on a massive amount of new work ..... Before you jump in too deep- find out if there is any plans to hire people in the near future.

janica

janica Replied on 1/17/2017 at 4:54 AM

So here's the sitch: I'm a new-ish office assistant at a small business and ... hires are not paid for any training until they have been on the job 90 days. ... That said, I wonder if your boss is thinking of pre-employment training.

cindy

cindy Replied on 11/30/2016 at 4:45 AM

I work at a small office and we have lost two employees this year….one left for more salary and benefits and another because they were moving out of state. While I was training one of the new replacements she mentioned her salary, which was $2 an hour more than my own. Now this person’s responsibilities will be equal or less than my own and I have eight years invested in my current position. I decided to discuss this with my boss and this did not go particularly well. I asked for a raise that would at least equal the new employee’s. I was told that I recently had a 50cent/hour raise and that business is slow and that my request could not be granted. When I pointed out the salary discrepancy between my salary and the new employee I was told that it had been difficult to fill the position and my boss had to meet this person’s requirements in order to fill the position. In that case I said I would be giving notice. My boss asked me to reconsider and she would think about raising my salary in 6 months. She asked me to think about it and let her know Monday.

tina

tina Replied on 10/14/2016 at 5:07 AM

Check with your boss.

Medha

Medha Replied on 10/5/2016 at 5:29 AM

Check with your boss.

kunal

kunal Replied on 9/22/2016 at 4:27 AM

May be.

Trisha

Trisha Replied on 9/14/2016 at 5:02 AM

Ask you boss.

Riya

Riya Replied on 8/10/2016 at 5:42 AM

You should remind your boss.

Riya

Riya Replied on 7/1/2016 at 5:46 AM

Depnds on your performance.

Riya

Riya Replied on 6/24/2016 at 5:13 AM

Must read this article.http://www.thesimpledollar.com/the-new-person-at-work-is-getting-paid-more-than-i-am-how-can-i-handle-it/

Riya

Riya Replied on 6/16/2016 at 4:26 AM

If you are a deserving person then definately you will get.

Riya

Riya Replied on 5/5/2016 at 4:47 AM

its bit difficult.

Riya

Riya Replied on 4/27/2016 at 5:15 AM

Do your best and then expect for good.

Riya

Riya Replied on 2/26/2016 at 4:38 AM

I’ve been in the same position for almost 4 years. I’ve been promised multiple pay raises (including to bring me up to industry standard), which have never happened “due to budgetary reasons,” so I am being paid a few cents more than the people who “report” to me though I do not have manager in my title.In the last 7 months, our management team has dwindled from 4 people running 3 customer service departments and reporting to my boss to 2 (the trainer and the quality assurance person who weren’t supervising any departments), and the trainer has just put in his notice. My boss is already telling him to give me all of his tool access so I can do his job as well but has never spoken to me about it. I am overwhelmed and underpaid. I am not willing to take on this stress unless I receive a pay raise and promotion. How can I decline the additional responsibilities unless I receive a pay raise and promotion without being fired for insubordination?

Riya

Riya Replied on 2/25/2016 at 4:40 AM

My coworker is leaving in two weeks, but my company has a hiring freeze and will not be able to hire anyone for some time, which the HR dept has not specified. The head of my department is planning to ask me to take on some of my coworker’s duties in addition to my regular, full time duties. I heard about this in a very informal meeting with my supervisor, who wanted to get an idea of if I would willingly take on the additional duties.I asked about a raise and my supervisor said that she didn’t think to even ask because of our budget crunch. No one in the company has had a raise for last year or this year. I think that I should get a raise because I will have to be trained to do this co-workers duties, the job is usually filled by someone with a Masters degree (which I do not have), and because I am doing extra work.

Riya

Riya Replied on 2/25/2016 at 4:40 AM

My coworker is leaving in two weeks, but my company has a hiring freeze and will not be able to hire anyone for some time, which the HR dept has not specified. The head of my department is planning to ask me to take on some of my coworker’s duties in addition to my regular, full time duties. I heard about this in a very informal meeting with my supervisor, who wanted to get an idea of if I would willingly take on the additional duties.I asked about a raise and my supervisor said that she didn’t think to even ask because of our budget crunch. No one in the company has had a raise for last year or this year. I think that I should get a raise because I will have to be trained to do this co-workers duties, the job is usually filled by someone with a Masters degree (which I do not have), and because I am doing extra work.

Riya

Riya Replied on 2/24/2016 at 4:32 AM

My coworker is leaving in two weeks, but my company has a hiring freeze and will not be able to hire anyone for some time, which the HR dept has not specified. The head of my department is planning to ask me to take on some of my coworker’s duties in addition to my regular, full time duties. I heard about this in a very informal meeting with my supervisor, who wanted to get an idea of if I would willingly take on the additional duties.I asked about a raise and my supervisor said that she didn’t think to even ask because of our budget crunch. No one in the company has had a raise for last year or this year. I think that I should get a raise because I will have to be trained to do this co-workers duties, the job is usually filled by someone with a Masters degree (which I do not have), and because I am doing extra work.I’m just out of college, and I feel like this job is a good fit for me because it is in my chosen field. I’ve been in this position for about six months. I would prefer a raise (who wouldn’t!), but if I wasn’t offered one, I suppose I would continue to stay and do the extra work.

Riya

Riya Replied on 2/22/2016 at 4:57 AM

My coworker is leaving in two weeks, but my company has a hiring freeze and will not be able to hire anyone for some time, which the HR dept has not specified. The head of my department is planning to ask me to take on some of my coworker’s duties in addition to my regular, full time duties. I heard about this in a very informal meeting with my supervisor, who wanted to get an idea of if I would willingly take on the additional duties.I asked about a raise and my supervisor said that she didn’t think to even ask because of our budget crunch. No one in the company has had a raise for last year or this year. I think that I should get a raise because I will have to be trained to do this co-workers duties, the job is usually filled by someone with a Masters degree (which I do not have), and because I am doing extra work.I’m just out of college, and I feel like this job is a good fit for me because it is in my chosen field. I’ve been in this position for about six months. I would prefer a raise (who wouldn’t!), but if I wasn’t offered one, I suppose I would continue to stay and do the extra work.

Riya

Riya Replied on 10/30/2015 at 4:10 AM

That depend on your Manager.

Riya

Riya Replied on 9/24/2015 at 4:55 AM

In training it is quite difficult.

Riya

Riya Replied on 9/8/2015 at 5:01 AM

Of course yes.

Riya

Riya Replied on 8/19/2015 at 5:01 AM

Yes ofcourse.

aniket

aniket Replied on 4/3/2015 at 8:43 AM

You can definitely bring that up in your appraisal, or if you are in good terms with your boss-have a discussion before you begin.

Please Login or Register to post a comment.