Caregory:  Team Management

Added on:  8/31/2013 8:41:35 PM

Views:  2

Replies:  18

Management Styles

How hands-on should a manager be?  How can I manage well without making my employees feel like I'm always looking over their shoulders?
janica

janica Replied on 2/6/2017 at 6:00 AM

A reader writes: One of my coworkers in my department is constantly telling ... and I imagine that it is for my other coworkers as well (she acts like ... options here: to be assertive with her or to continue to deal with it. ... I do not know why people who are not managers feel the need to try and manage anyway.

janica

janica Replied on 1/12/2017 at 3:38 AM

A reader writes: One of my coworkers in my department is constantly telling ... and I imagine that it is for my other coworkers as well (she acts like ... options here: to be assertive with her or to continue to deal with it. ... I do not know why people who are not managers feel the need to try and manage anyway.

katty

katty Replied on 12/26/2016 at 5:17 AM

Managers have to perform many roles in an organization and how they handle various situations will depend on their style of management. A management style is an overall method of leadership used by a manager. There are two sharply contrasting styles that will be broken down into smaller subsets later:Autocratic PermissiveEach style has its own characteristics:Autocratic: Leader makes all decisions unilaterally.Permissive: Leader permits subordinates to take part in decision making and also gives them a considerable degree of autonomy in completing routine work activities.Combining these categories with democratic (subordinates are allowed to participate in decision making) and directive (subordinates are told exactly how to do their jobs) styles gives us four distinct ways to manage:Directive Democrat: Makes decisions participatively; closely supervises subordinates.Directive Autocrat: Makes decisions unilaterally; closely supervises subordinates.

Sumedha

Sumedha Replied on 12/22/2016 at 4:24 AM

Management styles are characteristic ways of making decisions and relating to subordinates. Management styles can be categorized into two main contrasting styles: autocratic and permissive. Management styles are also divided [by whom?] into the main categories of autocratic, paternalistic, and democratic.

Steph

Steph Replied on 9/8/2016 at 5:06 AM

Different styles of magt like Autocratic, Democratic and Free Rein.

Robin

Robin Replied on 9/1/2016 at 4:20 AM

Directive, Participative, Pacesetting.

Riya

Riya Replied on 4/11/2016 at 5:16 AM

Read this article.https://www.rpi.edu/dept/advising/free_enterprise/business_structures/management_styles.htm

Riya

Riya Replied on 3/18/2016 at 4:23 AM

Autocratic: Leader makes all decisions unilaterally.Permissive: Leader permits subordinates to take part in decision making and also gives them a considerable degree of autonomy in completing routine work activities.Combining these categories with democratic (subordinates are allowed to participate in decision making) and directive (subordinates are told exactly how to do their jobs) styles gives us four distinct ways to manage:Directive Democrat: Makes decisions participatively; closely supervises subordinates.Directive Autocrat: Makes decisions unilaterally; closely supervises subordinates.Permissive Democrat: Makes decisions participatively; gives subordinates latitude in carrying out their work.

Riya

Riya Replied on 1/28/2016 at 10:54 AM

There are 3 styles- Autocratic, Democratic and Free Rein.

Riya

Riya Replied on 1/6/2016 at 5:17 AM

Directive Democrat: Makes decisions participatively; closely supervises subordinates.Directive Autocrat: Makes decisions unilaterally; closely supervises subordinates.Permissive Democrat: Makes decisions participatively; gives subordinates latitude in carrying out their work.Permissive Autocrat: Makes decisions unilaterally; gives subordinates latitude in carrying out their work.

Riya

Riya Replied on 12/17/2015 at 5:47 AM

Directive, Participative, Pacesetting, Coaching, Affiliative.

Riya

Riya Replied on 10/19/2015 at 5:14 AM

Talk to them, get them familiar and know thier point of view.

Riya

Riya Replied on 10/7/2015 at 5:09 AM

By giving them work and see how actively they are working with complete proficiency.

Riya

Riya Replied on 8/28/2015 at 4:37 AM

Talk to the, make them friendly.

Riya

Riya Replied on 7/24/2015 at 6:55 AM

Always show your presence

Riya

Riya Replied on 6/24/2015 at 4:13 AM

Play smartly simple.

Riya

Riya Replied on 6/17/2015 at 4:18 AM

Always give your best and perform well.

aniket

aniket Replied on 4/3/2015 at 4:23 PM

It would come to you as you carry on with your responsibilities.

Please Login or Register to post a comment.