[The logo is protected from the company]
Established in 1956, the Singapore American School (SAS) is an independent, non-profit, co-educational day school offering an American based curriculum for preschool through grade 12 expatriate students. Located on thirty-seven acres in the Woodlands area of Singapore, the purpose built and newly expanded school includes state-of -the-art facilities for students at all grade levels. Over 50 different nationalities are represented among the 3800 students attending SAS. Read More
|Address||40 Woodlands Street 41 Singapore 738547|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Security and Safety Assistant
This position is responsible for assisting the Security and Safety Manager in the safeguarding of people and property in a large school setting of more than 3,900 students, 600 staff, visitors and the public.. Generally, he/she will assist in overseeing, and coordinating the school’s overall security and safety operations.
- Oversee the duties, the professionalism and rotational schedule of all contracted staff.
- Assist with training and discipline
- Assist with managing pedestrian, vehicular and bus traffic to ensure overall safety
- Assist with patrolling school premises to ensure security of students, staff, authorized visitors and property
- Assist with investigating and responding to all accidents/emergencies and coordinate appropriate crisis management
- Administer emergency first-aid treatment as necessary while waiting for the appropriate arrival of the medical personnel
- Report faults and assists with coordinating inspection of all security/safety related equipment (i.e. road blockers, alarms, fire-fighting equipments, surveillance equipments, etc.)
- Facilitate and monitor guests and visitors access onto the SAS campus
- Identify and report hazards on school premises which would endanger the safety of persons on campus
- Report maintenance faults and issues, if any, as part of routine foot patrol and surveillance (e.g. leaks, accumulation of rubbish, mosquito breeding, etc)
- Enforce and ensure compliance with School’s regulations pertaining to security, safety and proper usage of school property
- Ensure compliance with all school policies and procedures as related to the job responsibilities of this position
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all records, correspondence, etc. in a well organized and accessible manner
- Relate courteously and professionally with students, parents, staff, and visitors.
- Provide leadership in the event of an emergency
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Security and Safety Manager, and/or Facilities and Services Director
Major benefits include excellent medical coverage, group life and short-term disability, sick and annual leave, 44 hours per week, 1.5 months for AWS, use of extensive school libraries, and opportunities for continued professional growth.
The Security & Safety Assistant reports to the Security and Safety Manager and Director of Facilities & Services. The work year is 12-months (July of one year to June of the next). The work schedule is Monday to Saturday (when necessary in the event of responding to emergencies).
- GCE ‘O’ Level Certificate, with at least 4 good credits, inclusive of English, or an appropriate educational background
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience (police force experience would be an advantage)
- Be in excellent health and physically fit for the job
- Demonstrated aptitude or competence to perform duties and responsibilities of this position including radio communication and computer skills
- Must be eligible for or able to obtain any licenses, certificates, endorsements and/or permits required by local authorities in order to perform the functions of this position
- Must possess valid first-aid/CPR certificate
- Good English communication skills, both written and oral
- Willing to work flexible and/or additional hours
- Positive work attitude and initiative
- Pleasant and have good ability to work diplomatically with all visitors, students and staff
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Other Job Information