[The logo is protected from the company]
QuickLogic Corporation develops and markets low power customizable semiconductor solutions for Tablets, Smartbooks, Netbooks, Cloudbooks, Smartphones, DataCards and Mobile Enterprise products. QuickLogic solutions enable OEMs and ODMs to add new features, extend battery life, and improve the visual experience of their handheld mobile devices. Read More
|Address||1277 Orleans Drive Sunnyvale, CA 94089-1138 USA|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Custom Design Engineering
The Silicon Platform Architect is a key member of the Custom Design Engineering group, reporting to the Director of Custom Silicon Design Engineering. This is a highly visible role within the group with primary responsibility for developing detailed micro architecture based on the MRD and be a technical resource to the office of the CTO. The role holder is responsible for working with the office of the CTO during the initial phase of requirement gathering and specifications. The role holder will also be responsible for leading discussions with the QuickLogic outsourcing partners in creating appropriate micro architecture design, during definition, verification and implementation. The role holder is expected to actively develop a robust understanding of the critical implementation features of the selected IP and partner with the Director of engineering in IP selection. The role holder needs to partner with core team in the implementation phase and sign off on verification plan and evaluation. The role holder is responsible for the review of the simulation and timing analysis results, Silicon bring up, verification, validation and sign off. The role holder should be adept at technical consulting and is expected to actively support the product engineering in test progress development. The role holder is also expected to provide technical consulting to the Systems Solutions Group and Product Development Group on customer and field issues. The role holder is responsible for verifying and updating important micro architecture updates in the micro architecture requirement and also provides documentation and knowledge transfer to Systems Solutions Group as required. The role holder has to be a lifelong learner and should develop understanding of new standards and analog blocks as required.
The role holder must be able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, should be adept at managing QuickLogic’s multiple outsourcing partners and vendors, and should be focused on providing technical consulting to Product Development Group, Systems Solutions Group and the office of CTO.
The role requires a strong technical knowledge and presence, with the ability to interact with multiple groups and individuals with varied skill sets and experience in a Technical consulting role. Exceptional people management skills would be essential for the role holder to be successful .This role requires direct interaction with QuickLogic Partners and Vendors, so the individual must have advanced communication skills, demonstrate professionalism and business integrity and be able and willing to travel, both domestically and internationally (10-15%) .
Well-developed mature communication, influencing and self-management skills are required as the role holder works closely in terms of co-ordination and functional integration with various groups located in multiple sites and geographies. Key partners include the Systems Solutions Group, the office of CTO and QuickLogic Partners and Vendors.
* BS/MS in Electronics Engineering with 10 years of experience in High Performance design/Micro architecture.
* 10+ years of experience in Verilog RTL development experience in a SOC and ASIC environment
* Must have very strong background in logic design skills (micro architecture development & implementation).
* Must have design experience in high speed digital interfaces like DDR3, LVDS, HDMI, USB
* Must have a strong background in all aspects of ASIC/FPGA implementation, especially with Synthesis flow, Static Timing Analysis, DFT methodologies and tools.
* Expertise and experience with Systems architecture with ability to partition hardware based on requirements
* Must have the ability to develop understanding of new standards and new analog blocks
* Must have familiarity and working knowledge of product test program
* Knowledge of at least one scripting language is desirable
* Prior experience Excellent communication skills, both in written and verbal form
* Prior experience working with multi-site, multi-cultural teams
Other Job Information