[The logo is protected from the company]
Founded in 1982, Neogen Corporation (NASDAQ: NEOG) has grown to more than 600 employees in multiple U.S. and international locations, and a worldwide presence. Neogen develops, manufactures and markets a diverse line of products dedicated to food and animal safety.The Company’s Lansing, Mich.-based Food Safety Division develops and markets dehydrated culture media, and rapid diagnostic test kits to detect foodborne bacteria, spoilage organisms, mycotoxins, food allergens, genetic modificatio... Read More
|Address||620 Lesher Place Lansing, MI 48912 USA|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
QA/QC Technician II
Performs Laboratory tasks for purposes of quality control, quality assurance, process control, or technology transfer by performing the following duties.
* Tests samples of ELISA test kits, their components and substrates to verify conformity to specifications, whether manufactured in-house or manufactured elsewhere and distributed. Such tasks include conjugate, standard, control and calibrator preparation and evaluation, substrate release-testing, stock reagent evaluations, plate batch sampling and specialty kit testing.
* Records test results on standardized forms and writes test reports describing procedures used.
* Perform tests on critical raw materials to qualify new lots before use in manufacturing.
* Participates in inventory counts on stock reagents and supplies.
* Calculates and summarizes data using scientific equations and spreadsheet software including Excel, and SigmaPlot.
* Sets up, adjusts and operates laboratory equipment and instruments including but not limited to a centrifuge, analytical balance, top-loading balance, pH meter, lyophilizer, spectrophotometer, plate reader, plate coater, plate washer, and micropipettes.
* Performs performance checks on laboratory instruments as required by Quality Control Manager.
* Prepares chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
* Participates in quality management system requirements including following departmental work instructions, creating records, document control and addressing corrective and preventative actions.
* Performs quality audits on procedures, as well as on documents being used to perform these procedures.
* Selects samples for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests samples for variety of qualities such as performance specifications and chemical characteristics.
* Maintain retention storage of all raw materials and finished products
* Participates in technology transfer of new products from R&D or OEM.
* Sets up and performs studies on materials, components, or products to measure performance, shelf life, or product characteristics.
* Assists in troubleshooting technical problems with products. Conducts investigation as appropriate.
* Performs QA/QC projects, such as cross-reactivity studies, product enhancements or improvement and shelf life evaluation, with limited supervision.
* Participates in efforts to control costs.
* Follows safety procedures and company policies.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree, one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least one year of in-house experience or equivalent related work experience is required to hold this position.
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - Neogen Corporation
- Diagnostic Production Technician II
- Information Technology Manager
- OEM Sales Representative
- QA/QC Technician II
- QC Chemist I
- Quality Assurance Coordinator
- Research & Development Tech
- Research Assistant
- Territory Manager
- Customer Support Scientist
- Diagnostic Production Technician
- Distributor Account Executive
- Human Resource Special Projects Assistant
- International Sales Manager
- Inventory Material Handler
- Lab Support Technician
- Laboratory Technician
- Market Development Manager
- Product Manager
- Production Manager, Animal Safety Manufacturing
- Production Planner
- Purchasing Agent
- Research Scientist
- Research Technician
- Shipping Manager
- Technical Service Representative
- Territory Manager
- Territory Manager