[The logo is protected from the company]
Founded in 1982, Neogen Corporation (NASDAQ: NEOG) has grown to more than 600 employees in multiple U.S. and international locations, and a worldwide presence. Neogen develops, manufactures and markets a diverse line of products dedicated to food and animal safety.The Company’s Lansing, Mich.-based Food Safety Division develops and markets dehydrated culture media, and rapid diagnostic test kits to detect foodborne bacteria, spoilage organisms, mycotoxins, food allergens, genetic modificatio... Read More
|Address||620 Lesher Place Lansing, MI 48912 USA|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Market Development Manager
Responsible for development of strategic marketing plans, tactical marketing materials, and driving sale of current and yet to be developed diagnostic products into specific market segments of the food and agricultural industries. It is expected that markets for these products will continue to grow and at the same time become more sophisticated. Extensive industry involvement (trade associations, multi-national processors, food marketers, etc.) will be required to determine market needs in order to grow marketshare. Sales of Neogen Corporation’s diagnostic testing products are expected to grow and contribute significantly of the revenue and earnings for the Food Safety Division. This position is expected to be a major contributor to the development of the category sales and profitability through the achievement of optimum market shares, strategic positioning and expense control. A strategic analysis of customer needs/desires and the regulatory environment will be used in developing strategic plans, tactical marketing plans and sales support activities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
* Prepares annual Strategic Plan for identified market segments of responsibility in conjunction with management. This includes the assembling and evaluation of information, ideas and recommendations from sales team, internal management, and external environment.
* Provides detailed direction to sales organization for achievement of marketing objectives in terms of specific actions. Establishes and reviews measurements to determine level of success. Collects, interprets and acts upon detailed analysis of sales vs. objectives by market segment and geographic region.
* Seeks out market opportunities. Based on market development, competitive moves and innovative thinking, identifies opportunities for growth based on new tactics, strategies, applications and benefits. Provides to senior management needs for products, competitive comparisons, packaging, format, etc. that can allow the realization of market opportunities and provides continuing liaison.
* Develop and implement key marketing and communication campaigns (direct mail, e-commerce, web-ex seminars, and advertising) to support/enhance Neogen Corporation’s image with customers and prospects. Organize and develop specific content for external and internal newsletters. Focus on lead generation, awareness and brand building.
* Work with Sales to develop key account strategies according to a key account template (to be developed). Develop sales tools including PowerPoint presentations that will assist Sales in closing opportunities. Develop sales training materials and programs for our salespeople.
* Work with Product Managers on new product ideas based on market and competitive intelligence, and VOC. Work with Product Management on professional product launches.
* Assist with forecasting and attend monthly Sales and Operations meetings. Attend and present at monthly business meetings.
* Maintain and update Marketing portion of employee intranet with relevant marketing information and sales tools. Work with web development team to optimize website and e-commerce initiatives.
* Perform other duties as agreed upon with supervisor.
* Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time and be able to travel internationally for up to one week ~ four times per year.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in a discipline such as Food Science, Microbiology, Biochemistry or other Life Science field required. Marketing degree, MBA, or equivalent business / marketing experience preferred.
Experience in specific food market segments relative to the position description; grocery products, pet food and milling & grain industries. The ideal candidate will have experience in Food Safety related to the processed food industry in areas such as food production, (aseptic) filling, and storage. Understanding of food industry sanitary practices and regulatory guidelines related to pathogens, allergens and / or natural toxins (molecular or ELISA systems), a definite plus. Business-to-business marketing or sales experience in a product or market driven organization with product launch and sales support responsibilities preferred.
Other Job Information
Open Jobs - Neogen Corporation
- Diagnostic Production Technician II
- Information Technology Manager
- OEM Sales Representative
- QA/QC Technician II
- QC Chemist I
- Quality Assurance Coordinator
- Research & Development Tech
- Research Assistant
- Territory Manager
- Customer Support Scientist
- Diagnostic Production Technician
- Distributor Account Executive
- Human Resource Special Projects Assistant
- International Sales Manager
- Inventory Material Handler
- Lab Support Technician
- Laboratory Technician
- Market Development Manager
- Product Manager
- Production Manager, Animal Safety Manufacturing
- Production Planner
- Purchasing Agent
- Research Scientist
- Research Technician
- Shipping Manager
- Technical Service Representative
- Territory Manager
- Territory Manager