[The logo is protected from the company]
Navarre® Corporation provides distribution, third party logistics, supply chain management and other related services for North American retailers and their suppliers. For over 25 years, the company has been a leading distributor for computer software, home entertainment media, consumer electronics and accessories. The company also publishes computer software in its Encore® subsidiary. Navarre was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Read More
|Address||7400 49th Avenue North Minneapolis, MN 55428|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Director of Procurement
Navarre Corporation connects strong brands with smart logistics. Our company, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, provides distribution, third party logistics, supply chain management and other related services for North American retailers and their suppliers. Founded in 1983, Navarre has been a leading distributor for consumer electronics and accessories, home entertainment media, and computer software. Our organization also publishes computer software through our Encore® subsidiary.
The Director of Procurement is responsible for the development of merchandising strategies and inventory management for the Distribution Services division. This position also leads the collaboration between the Merchandising team and vendors/publishers/retailers in creating customized solutions that will help deliver the financial goals for each product category. The Director of Procurement assists in establishing strategic objectives and operating policies and procedures to ensure attainment of corporate objectives and is a key member of the Distribution Services management team. The Director of Procurement also has three direct reports.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Achieve financial objectives. Achieve financial objectives in terms of inventory management and operational efficiencies, sales, gross margins, and others as defined.
* Develop strategic direction for product categories. Work with the Distribution Services management team to determine the overall strategic direction for categories. Along with team, manage appropriate mix of products based on emerging categories and focus areas for key retail partners. Develop and implement category inventory levels with Finance.
* Build strategic vendor partnerships. Work with key vendor executives to develop long-term plans and maximize sales opportunities. Oversee the establishment of pricing and terms for vendors while working with the Finance and Legal teams.
* Reconcile and review vendor and customer performance. Involvement in establishment/review of vendor credit lines, vendor performance, debit balance exposure and inventory performance and exposure. Manage debit balance review, inventory write-downs, and forecasts to determine liability. Maintain inventory turn analysis, terms, and consigned vendor review at customer level.
* Supervisory. Support the team in the daily functions of their positions. Manage team to optimize inventory levels to insure timely availability to meet merchandising timelines and inventory planned levels. Manage the open-to-buy for the categories and targets for each buyer. Train new employees and ongoing departmental training as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
Navarre’s success has been a direct result of our ability to build lasting relationships with our customers, vendors, and most importantly, our employees. We provide a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced, service driven, results orientated, and collaborative working environment. If you desire an organization that will offer you the opportunity to be challenged in your career and value your ideas, join Navarre Corporation.
Navarre provides a complete benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurances; flexible spending accounts; short-term and long-term disability insurances; vacation, holidays, sick time, and personal days; and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
All qualifications are required unless otherwise noted:
* Bachelor's degree in business, inventory, procurement or equivalent experience; advanced degree in business or its equivalent is desirable.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in the merchandising function, demonstrating solid results and consistent advancement; 7+ years of experience is preferred.
* At least two years of direct management experience.
* Excellent planning, organizational, and decision-making skills that result in effectively directing the merchandising function to maximize revenues and profits.
* Excellent time management skills
* Drives the rigorous analysis required to support strategies proposed.
* Must be able to strike the right balance between solid vendor relationships and aggressive financial targets.
* Identifies, motivates, and retains talented team and lead them to accomplishment of objectives.
* Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be able to communicate well with all levels of the organization, including the executive team, merchandising team, and vendors.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
* Experience with SAP is preferred.
* Minimum of two years in retail inventory planning is preferred.
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - Navarre Corporation
News - Navarre Corporation
Celanese TodayOur team of nearly 7,400 accomplished prof ... [more]