[The logo is protected from the company]
In 1989, National Interstate Insurance opened its doors with the idea that customer service and personal attention mattered. That clients were more than mere claim numbers, they were people. With real lives and real questions and real needs.We built National Interstate around our customers. And in the process, we built one of the leading specialty property and casualty insurance companies in the country.A wholly-owned subsidiary of National Interstate Corporation (Nasdaq: NATL), National Inte... Read More
|Address||Headquarters 3250 Interstate Drive Richfield, Ohio 44286 330-659-8900|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Workers’ Compensation Claims Supervisor
Supervise a captive claim unit by providing technical and general management for assigned staff.
* Interview prospective employees, identify the best candidate for the position, and make salary and hiring recommendations.
* Maintain appropriate staffing levels by monitoring monthly reports. This requires analysis of productivity and inventory levels within the assigned claims unit.
* When necessary, participate in the termination of assigned personnel. This will typically require the administration or short-term objectives/performance improvement plans.
* Provide employees with their performance objectives and monitor their progress during the year by reviewing timeliness of first contacts and closings, productivity and quality.
* Participate in the annual performance evaluation and salary administration process. This includes completion of performance and promotability assessments, salary recommendations, and written performance evaluations.
* Complete quarterly file reviews to evaluate file quality and adherence to established company standards; provide feedback to staff. Review open claim files, closed claim files, and payments for each adjuster per quarter, as determined by Company procedures.
* Maintain a supervisory diary as determined by the experience level of the adjuster and the complexity of the file.
* Reviews files for reserve and settlement authority.
* Participate in Large Loss Reviews by preparing staff for and addressing questions at the meeting. Oversee the preparation of write-ups for all claims files determined to be large losses.
* Monitor compliance with state fair claims practices acts. Ensure adjusters are knowledgeable of such acts and document the requirements of each state in the claim file.
* Adhere to Litigation Management Program guidelines. This includes confirming required letters were sent to insureds and defense attorneys, litigation plans have been established, billing requirements are being followed, and pre-trial conferences are scheduled, as needed.
* Maintain captive claims handling standards through appropriate levels of communication. Ensure adjusters send required notifications of reserve increases and communicate to insureds payments at certain thresholds.
* Facilitate claims reviews as requested by captive insureds.
* Complete captive survey follow-up calls when service levels fall below expectations.
* Elevate service related issues to management in a timely manner with an action plan for resolution.
* Provide training to new and existing employees depending on their level of experience.
* Manage adjuster licensing and required continuing education for staff.
* Manage special projects as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with 5 or more years of insurance claims experience.
* Knowledge in general liability, commercial liability, public transportation, trucking and cargo, workers' compensation, and physical damage insurance claim handling as applicable to the claim unit assigned.
* Prior supervisory experience preferred but not required.
* Advanced degree or professional designation a plus.
* Must be able to direct the activities of an assigned claim unit to achieve the goals of customer service, severity control, expense control, and employee development.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret insurance contracts, legal documents, technical procedures, and/or government regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, attorneys, and management.
* Frequent communication is used to receive and respond to employee questions, provide training to employees, and respond to management and customer inquiries.
* Occasional presentations to fellow employees, management, and customers.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Must have strong analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
* Must be able to interpret insurance policies and various contracts, perform analytical research, and make sound decisions using good judgment.
* Travel Requirements: 11-20%
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - National Interstate Corporation
- Accounting Supervisor
- Assistant Product Manager II
- Broker Marketing Representative
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Claims Adjuster
- Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Claims Examiner
- Claims Representative
- Claims Supervisor
- Commercial Lines Clerical
- Energy Product Manager
- General Manager
- Junior Accountant
- Marketing Representative Trainee
- Product Analyst
- Product Management Associate
- Programmer II
- QA Analyst
- Regional Account Manager
- Senior Claims Examiner
- Senior Claims Examiner (Captive)
- Senior Physical Damage Claims Examiner
- Staff Accountant
- Staff Accountant
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriting Manager
- Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Supervisor
News - National Interstate Corporation
We are conducting a major Walk-In-Interviews for Agency ... [more]
We are having opening of Assistant/ Associate Manager - ... [more]