[The logo is protected from the company]
In 1989, National Interstate Insurance opened its doors with the idea that customer service and personal attention mattered. That clients were more than mere claim numbers, they were people. With real lives and real questions and real needs.We built National Interstate around our customers. And in the process, we built one of the leading specialty property and casualty insurance companies in the country.A wholly-owned subsidiary of National Interstate Corporation (Nasdaq: NATL), National Inte... Read More
|Address||Headquarters 3250 Interstate Drive Richfield, Ohio 44286 330-659-8900|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Senior Physical Damage Claims Examiner
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide technical support to the Physical Damage (PD) adjusting staff.
* Review damage estimates for accuracy including labor rates, appropriate repair methods, use of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), used and aftermarket parts and damage to impact.
* Contact repair facility to obtain an agreed upon repair cost.
* Inspect vehicles for accuracy of damage costs.
* Conduct field inspections on vehicles as needed, write appraisals and negotiate the repairs costs with vendors.
* Meet with experts at the scene of loss to determine damage and to recommend other experts that may be needed.
* Write total loss evaluations using state guidelines and work with salvage vendors for the best return.
* Complete research to determine market value on automobiles and heavy equipment to make recommendations on total loss settlement values using proper state valuation methods.
* Determine when a serious loss requires the use of an expert involvement/oversight and assist in the handling of the same.
* Investigate and evaluate files for pursuit of subrogation, including appropriate preservation of evidence, attending inspections/reinspections/joint inspections and directing/managing the appropriate experts.
* Establish contact with the insured and claimant within company guidelines.
* Summarize and make recommendations for disposition of claims in excess of the individual settlement authority.
* As needed, summarize large losses and present findings to upper management, reinsurers and other departments.
* Document claim file notes clearly with all communications and activities that occur during the handling of the claim using factual and objective information.
* Develop a rapport with dealerships and body shops to work out and ensure agreed upon labor rates.
* Direct and manage outside adjusters and experts and negotiate their billings. Ensure we have all of the resources needed for the most accurate technical evaluations.
* Recognize state specific laws and claims regulations throughout the United States to insure proper compliance in claims investigation including sending and securing proper documentation.
* Secure budgets for all outside experts and audit fees of independent adjusters, appraisers, and other vendors in order to properly manage and pay expense invoices.
* Manage a diary system to systematically review and resolve claims within the specified state compliance guidelines.
* Obtain/maintain state licenses in various states by completing continuing education coursework.
* Assists claims supervisor/PD Manager in training new hires enabling them to learn the claims system, damage options and departmental procedures.
* Acts as a mentor to claims staff with ongoing training.
* Other duties as assigned by the claims supervisor/PD Manager.
* 5 years of Heavy Equipment and Recreational Vehicle body shop experience.
* Bachelor’s degree preferred.
* Ability to read and interpret insurance policies, state laws and regulations, and vehicle and property appraisals and invoices.
* Ability to compose professional letters, e-mails, reports and comprehensive file notes.
* Ability to speak effectively with vendors, customers, claimants, body shops, attorneys, and company management
* Ability to review estimates with photos to determine if estimate is correctly written.
* Must be able to interpret damage estimates, perform analytical research and investigations and make sound judgments from data and records collected.
* Must have strong analytical and reasoning skills.
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - National Interstate Corporation
- Accounting Supervisor
- Assistant Product Manager II
- Broker Marketing Representative
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Claims Adjuster
- Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Claims Examiner
- Claims Representative
- Claims Supervisor
- Commercial Lines Clerical
- Energy Product Manager
- General Manager
- Junior Accountant
- Marketing Representative Trainee
- Product Analyst
- Product Management Associate
- Programmer II
- QA Analyst
- Regional Account Manager
- Senior Claims Examiner
- Senior Claims Examiner (Captive)
- Senior Physical Damage Claims Examiner
- Staff Accountant
- Staff Accountant
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriting Manager
- Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Supervisor