[The logo is protected from the company]
In 1989, National Interstate Insurance opened its doors with the idea that customer service and personal attention mattered. That clients were more than mere claim numbers, they were people. With real lives and real questions and real needs.We built National Interstate around our customers. And in the process, we built one of the leading specialty property and casualty insurance companies in the country.A wholly-owned subsidiary of National Interstate Corporation (Nasdaq: NATL), National Inte... Read More
|Address||Headquarters 3250 Interstate Drive Richfield, Ohio 44286 330-659-8900|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Senior Claims Examiner
The primary responsibility of the Senior Claims Examiner is the direct handling of serious bodily injury and property damage claims, as well as complex coverage and/or liability issue claims pending in multiple jurisdictions throughout the United States. This will involve directing outside counsel and establishing litigation plans in order to reach cost effective resolutions of bodily injury and property damage claims, including those involving high risk and high exposure.
* Investigate, evaluate, and settle bodily injury and property damage claims, the majority of which will be in active litigation. Analyze complex coverage issues, working with supervisors and attorneys to resolve. Establish proper reserves in a timely fashion, and report large losses to reinsurers and upper management.
* Meet customer service requirements and productivity standards.
* Attend trials and mediations in various jurisdictions across the country, as needed.
* Obtain and maintain non-resident adjuster licenses and/or bar membership in various states. Attend training seminars and/or continuing legal education both in-house and out. Assist management in conducting training for claims personnel.
* Manage a 24 hour hotline one week a month in the event of an after-hours catastrophic accident.
* Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years experience handling complex coverage investigations and high exposure physical damage and auto liability claims, including litigated files is required.
* Law degree and 2 years of experience handling complex coverage investigations and high exposure physical damage and auto liability claims, including litigated files is preferred.
* Background in insurance defense is a plus.
* Commercial auto, general liability and multi-state experience are helpful.
* Claims designation and/or state licensing are a plus.
* Ability to speak effectively with vendors, customers, claimants, attorneys, and upper management. Ability to establish a rapport and communicate with insureds regarding claim handling, liability decisions, reserves, and settlements.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience strongly preferred in Word, Excel and Outlook Express. General knowledge of internet use, search functions, and research. General knowledge of Westlaw is a plus.
* Ability to travel 11-20% of the time. Required to manage a weekly after-hours emergency phone line once a month.
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - National Interstate Corporation
- Accounting Supervisor
- Assistant Product Manager II
- Broker Marketing Representative
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Claims Adjuster
- Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Claims Examiner
- Claims Representative
- Claims Supervisor
- Commercial Lines Clerical
- Energy Product Manager
- General Manager
- Junior Accountant
- Marketing Representative Trainee
- Product Analyst
- Product Management Associate
- Programmer II
- QA Analyst
- Regional Account Manager
- Senior Claims Examiner
- Senior Claims Examiner (Captive)
- Senior Physical Damage Claims Examiner
- Staff Accountant
- Staff Accountant
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriting Manager
- Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Supervisor