[The logo is protected from the company]
In 1989, National Interstate Insurance opened its doors with the idea that customer service and personal attention mattered. That clients were more than mere claim numbers, they were people. With real lives and real questions and real needs.We built National Interstate around our customers. And in the process, we built one of the leading specialty property and casualty insurance companies in the country.A wholly-owned subsidiary of National Interstate Corporation (Nasdaq: NATL), National Inte... Read More
|Address||Headquarters 3250 Interstate Drive Richfield, Ohio 44286 330-659-8900|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Energy Product Manager
The primary responsibility of this position is to drive and be accountable for product success as measured by top and bottom line performance. This will be primarily accomplished through effective marketing and underwriting of businesses in the Energy industry. The person in this position will be ultimately responsible for all aspects of the product including but not limited to Underwriting, Marketing, Distribution, Systems and Infrastructure, Policy Issuance, Rating, Compliance, Loss Control, Budgeting, Personnel Management, and Reinsurance. Lines of coverage that will be offered are: Auto Liability including APD, Workers Compensation, General Liability, Property, and Umbrella.
Main responsibilities include:
* Develop rate manual, underwriting guidelines, and process steps for quoting and issuing policies.
* Determine the appropriate rate for acceptable risks based on defined methods.
* Build and maintain internal proprietary tools designed to out-select and price the competition.
* Build and maintain an effective distribution network and cultivate those relationships.
* Build and maintain an effective loss control network of vendors or internal resources capable of properly evaluating risks as well as providing useful feedback that can improve the performance of our insureds.
* Effectively market the product directly to retail distribution. This includes working with other company resources to develop marketing strategies and coordinate marketing efforts that will ensure the success of this product.
* Regularly attend and present at industry trade shows and conventions that can help promote our product and brand.
* Hire and train staff to support the growth of the product. Lead and motivate personnel to the achievement of our financial and other business objectives.
* Plan and budget product premium, losses, and expenses as part of our annual budgeting process.
* Participate in system development and testing as required.
* Present product results to senior management, identify areas that need improvement, and design and implement strategies to meet financial objectives.
* Promote a collaborative environment within the product staff and with other company resources.
* Meet deadlines for end of the month billing cut-offs, monthly reports, etc.
* Ensure compliance by adhering to filed rules, rates, and forms, and initiate action when necessary to correct.
* Complete other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree and 5 + years relevant work experience in the Energy segment.
* Graduate business degree and/or professional designations preferred.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as state insurance manuals, ISO circulars and underwriting guidelines.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one situations and group settings with employees of varying grade levels.
* Ability to market and sell product to buyer and agents.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* General knowledge of insurance rating software and management systems is preferred.
* Must have strong reasoning and analytical skills.
* Must be able to interpret rules and regulations, perform analytical research, and make sound decisions using good judgment.
* Travel Requirements: 21-30%
Other Job Information
Open Jobs - National Interstate Corporation
- Accounting Supervisor
- Assistant Product Manager II
- Broker Marketing Representative
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Claims Adjuster
- Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Claims Examiner
- Claims Representative
- Claims Supervisor
- Commercial Lines Clerical
- Energy Product Manager
- General Manager
- Junior Accountant
- Marketing Representative Trainee
- Product Analyst
- Product Management Associate
- Programmer II
- QA Analyst
- Regional Account Manager
- Senior Claims Examiner
- Senior Claims Examiner (Captive)
- Senior Physical Damage Claims Examiner
- Staff Accountant
- Staff Accountant
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriting Manager
- Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Supervisor