[The logo is protected from the company]
In 1989, National Interstate Insurance opened its doors with the idea that customer service and personal attention mattered. That clients were more than mere claim numbers, they were people. With real lives and real questions and real needs.We built National Interstate around our customers. And in the process, we built one of the leading specialty property and casualty insurance companies in the country.A wholly-owned subsidiary of National Interstate Corporation (Nasdaq: NATL), National Inte... Read More
|Address||Headquarters 3250 Interstate Drive Richfield, Ohio 44286 330-659-8900|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Direct handling of moderate severity PD and BI claims and coverage and/or liability issue claims throughout the United States involving state specific laws and regulations. Will work with the supervisory staff to conduct mentoring opportunities for the claims staff.
* Investigate new claims, make liability decisions, apply comparative negligence where applicable and negotiate settlements.
* Recognize coverage issues and work with supervisor to resolve.
* Establish case reserves within company guidelines.
* Refer law suits to properly approved defense attorneys and direct their handling, including authorization of discovery plans and expert retention.
* Expense control of fees from independent adjusters, defense attorneys and other vendors.
* Recognize the various state laws, regulations and claim handling compliance.
* Document claim file notes clearly summarizing all correspondence and activities using factual and objective data.
* Respond to time sensitive material including settlement demands, intercompany arbitration hearings and insurance department complaints.
* Maintain a current diary on all open claims.
* Respond to phone messages on the day they are received.
* Attend mediations and trials as required.
* Other duties as assigned by the claim supervisor.
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university with three years experience handling moderate to high severity bodily injury claims, preferably with 2 or more years experience in the public transportation or commercial liability field.
* Working on an AIC or similar designation a plus.
* Ability to read and interpret legal documents, insurance policies and medical reports and billings.
* Ability to compose letters, emails, reports and comprehensive file notes.
* Ability to verbally negotiate with claimants and attorneys.
* Dual language ability a plus.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Must be able to interpret policies, perform analytical research and investigations and make sound judgments from date and records collected.
* Must have strong analytical and reasoning skills.
* May involve work outside of normal hours to meet deadlines and/or personal performance objectives at employee's discretion.
* Required to participate in after hours emergency phone rotation in one week increments 1 or 2 times a year.
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - National Interstate Corporation
- Accounting Supervisor
- Assistant Product Manager II
- Broker Marketing Representative
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Claims Adjuster
- Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Claims Examiner
- Claims Representative
- Claims Supervisor
- Commercial Lines Clerical
- Energy Product Manager
- General Manager
- Junior Accountant
- Marketing Representative Trainee
- Product Analyst
- Product Management Associate
- Programmer II
- QA Analyst
- Regional Account Manager
- Senior Claims Examiner
- Senior Claims Examiner (Captive)
- Senior Physical Damage Claims Examiner
- Staff Accountant
- Staff Accountant
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriting Manager
- Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Supervisor
News - National Interstate Corporation
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowe ... [more]