[The logo is protected from the company]
In 1989, National Interstate Insurance opened its doors with the idea that customer service and personal attention mattered. That clients were more than mere claim numbers, they were people. With real lives and real questions and real needs.We built National Interstate around our customers. And in the process, we built one of the leading specialty property and casualty insurance companies in the country.A wholly-owned subsidiary of National Interstate Corporation (Nasdaq: NATL), National Inte... Read More
|Address||Headquarters 3250 Interstate Drive Richfield, Ohio 44286 330-659-8900|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Business Intelligence Analyst
Strategically design and implement BI software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses. This includes selecting, blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out BI solutions to end users. In addition, will be responsible for ensuring high levels of BI availability through support functions and in-depth testing.
1. Strategy and Planning
* Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for BI development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
2. Acquisition and Deployment
* Conduct research and make recommendations on BI products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
* Evaluate and select database/data warehouse components, including hardware, relational database management systems, ETL software, metadata management tools and database design solutions.
3. Operational Management
* Direct, organize, and lead projects in the implementation and use of new BI software tools and systems.
* Lead the integration efforts for merging BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications.
* Design, code, test, and document all new or modified BI systems, applications, and programs.
* Develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports, and report definitions.
* Develop graphs and portal interfaces.
* Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
* Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI front-end applications.
* Produce ETL design guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the BI system.
* Work with project managers to ensure that data entry, retrieval, change, and delete functions meet business requirements for project completion.
* Conduct job duties and responsibilities according to the organization's business systems development methodology and/or its System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
* Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
* Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
* Act as the champion of BI benefits across the organization; promote BI usage to relevant departments.
* Mentor and/or provide leadership to junior members of the team.
* College degree in Computer Science or Information Systems; or any combination of experience and education that provides the skills and abilities necessary to perform the job.
* Four (4) years minimum related work experience.
* Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling.
* Experience with tier-one applications, databases, and data warehouses, such as Oracle 9i, MS SQL Server, Crystal, SAP, and SCM.
* Expertise in Business Objects tools, such as Scheduler, Designer, Data Integrator, and BO Universe design.
* Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Windows operating systems.
* Demonstrated ability with Microsoft SSIS tools.
* Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build front-end BI applications according to specifications.
* Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
* Full project management and development life cycle experience.
* In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems.
* Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
* Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
* Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Travel requirements: 1-10%
Other Job Information
Open Jobs - National Interstate Corporation
- Accounting Supervisor
- Assistant Product Manager II
- Broker Marketing Representative
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Claims Adjuster
- Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Claims Examiner
- Claims Representative
- Claims Supervisor
- Commercial Lines Clerical
- Energy Product Manager
- General Manager
- Junior Accountant
- Marketing Representative Trainee
- Product Analyst
- Product Management Associate
- Programmer II
- QA Analyst
- Regional Account Manager
- Senior Claims Examiner
- Senior Claims Examiner (Captive)
- Senior Physical Damage Claims Examiner
- Staff Accountant
- Staff Accountant
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriter Trainee
- Underwriting Manager
- Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster Trainee
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Supervisor
News - National Interstate Corporation
Job DescriptionNorth American Savings Bank (NASB) contin ... [more]