[The logo is protected from the company]
In-Demand Degree Programs and Experienced FacultyNational American University (NAU) offers the degree programs that today's industries are most demanding. NAU is committed to preparing you for a rewarding career directly out of college. We do that by implementing highly qualified instructors who have actively worked in the fields in which they teach, offering you their "real-world experience"; perspective. Another example of our commitment to your career education is our use of program adviso... Read More
|Address||4775 Indian School Road N.E. Suite 200 Albuquerque, NM 87110|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Regional Career Services Director
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required; Masters degree in student personnel, human resources, educational administration or relate field preferred. Knowledge of statistical preparation preferred
EXPERIENCE: One (1) to five (5) years of related work experience required
PHYSICAL: Occasional heavy lifting required up to 20 lbs; extensive telephone utilization, continuous repetitive motions; sitting for long periods of time
SKILLS EXPECTATIONS: Computer literate; 1-3 years supervisory experience; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; knowledge of statistical preparation preferred; cooperative ability and attitude, strong commitment to student services; public relations capability in dealing with employers and alumni, sensitivity to student needs and feelings.
VIII. BASIC FUNCTION/PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The regional career services director has overall reasonability for student job search and placement assistance in support of the mission of the university as defined by the university president and the board of governors.
IX. DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/EXPECTATIONS OF THE POSITION:
* A. Facilitate basic job search and matching services for students searching for employment.
* B. Provide notification and support to students and graduates regarding full and part-time employment information and jobs, including maintenance of employment board.
File Name & Path 2 of 2 Effective/Revision Dates
* C. Maintain public relations and marketing placement services in the community, the regional area and elsewhere.
* D. Provide advising to undergraduate students and alumni in careers, motivational and other routine issues including referring students to appropriate agencies, if necessary.
* E. Conduct market research, establishing employer contacts with various business, industry, and governmental organizations, including becoming an active member of the consortium.
F. Participate with other educational institutions organizing career fairs.
G. Promote employer visitation and on-campus recruiting efforts and plans and organize on-site employer visits.
* H. Perform quarterly and annual follow-up studies of alumni in all career fields for compiling of placement statistics
* I. Gather and update graduate information for the development of an automated alumni system for tracking, record keeping, and placement purposes.
J. Foster ongoing relationships with alumni through semi annual activities.
K. Take responsibility for the advancement of an alumni networking process through alumni contacts.
L. Assist students with cover letter and resume preparation.
M. Provide a platform to demonstrate the “how to” of finding a job in diverse settings. Provide students with practice mock interviews.
N. Develop a policy and procedures manual for the department and make revisions when necessary.
O. Participate in the HLC self-study effort.
* P. Contact employers for potential job lead opportunities.
Q. Seek information continually on employment trends and other pertinent job market information.
R. Work cooperatively with other National American University career services staff.
S. Meet with new students within the first week of their start date/participate in campus orientation.
T. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Other Job Information