[The logo is protected from the company]
At NIC Inc. (NASDAQ: EGOV), we help governments deliver valuable information and services to constituents 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Citizens and businesses in 27 states enjoy the efficiencies NIC brings to interacting with government. NIC completed 150 million online transactions and securely processed more than $17.8 billion on behalf of its government partners in 2011.Use this section to learn more about what makes NIC the eGovernment industry leader. Read More
|Address||25501 West Valley Parkway Suite 300 Olathe, Kansas 66061|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Net Web Developer
Do you want to develop nationally recognized, next generation web applications that will be used by millions of people including your family and friends? Do you have world-class programming skills that can produce advanced web applications and payment processing systems designed for business, government and citizens? Do you thrive in a competitive fast-paced environment, but also want to take a vacation and still get paid? If this sounds attractive to you, we invite you to join our team and help build the next generation of eGovernment services.
* Provide advanced troubleshooting techniques and perform basic administrative/maintenance tasks for Microsoft line of server products including SQL, IIS, and Server 2008 operating system such as user administration, GAC administration, monitoring, etc., and be able and willing to work with administrators to solve complex issues.
* Set up and maintain data structures and database environment.
* Define local best practices, policies and procedures based on corporate foundation and an understanding of the local office needs. Participate and perform code reviews.
* Work with customer and staff to help determine project functional and technical specifications, lay out time-lines and requirements specifications.
* Adhere to regulatory requirements (HIPPA, SOX, PCI, Corporate, State, etc.)
* Maintain confidentiality and security throughout entire work cycle.
* Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline; Masters preferred.
* Significant experience developing software with a strong knowledge of C# and a Microsoft environment and a track record of advancement in responsibility and authority.
* In-depth familiarity with the highly available, scalable, flexible Internet and web based applications. A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
* Expert Knowledge of database design methods and techniques.
* Knowledge of security methods and procedures.
* Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
* Self-motivated and creative.
* Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment maintaining agreed upon timelines while producing extraordinary work.
* Enjoy what you do.
* Following knowledge a plus: server software installation, networking protocols, clustering, load balancing
* Competitive compensation program
* No-cost group medical/dental insurance
* Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
* Disability insurance
* Life insurance
* Company wellness program
* Casual and fun office environment
* Paid State holidays/vacation
* Tuition reimbursement
Other Job Information