[The logo is protected from the company]
NETGEAR has been a worldwide provider of technologically advanced, branded networking products since 1996. Our mission is to be the preferred customer-driven provider of innovative networking solutions for small businesses and homes.Efficiency, Innovation, Presence, Quality. Read More
|Address||350 East Plumeria Drive San Jose, California 95134-1911|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Sr. Power Supply Test Engineer
Job description – Sr. Power Supply Test Engineer 4
This position is within Operations Engineering and involves working with Engineering, Operations and NETGEAR Suppliers to manage supply of key component parts including PA used to manufacture NETGEAR products.
• Manage PA development project, cost, schedule, specifications and design quality.
• Manage internal customers, debug, resolve component issues related to NETGEAR systems or customer problems.
• Maintain approved vendor lists in AgileCM.
• Work with Engineering, Purchasing and NETGEAR Suppliers to create and release component purchase specifications for key components: power supplies, filters, cables, connectors.
• Work with Purchasing to qualify alternate Suppliers for key components and assemblies.
• Review designs to ensure preferred components are used when possible.
• Work closely with NETGEAR Product Engineering and Operations to debug and resolve component related production problems.
• Work with purchasing to minimize cost while meeting NETGEAR specifications.
• Manage component/assembly failure analysis using outside consultants.
• Component supplier factory qualification and surveys.
• Qualification testing including sample management, test and publication of qualification test reports.
1. A minimum of 8 years experience in power adapters and power supply design technologies.
2. Requires extensive knowledge of switching power supply topologies, control architectures, magnetic design, power conversion circuit design and analysis, circuit simulation, thermal simulation, feedback control theory, EMC and safety agency compliance.
3. Understanding of product configuration management practices (BOMs, specifications, ECR/ECO/MCO, part numbers, rules of interchangeability).
4. Thorough understanding of component construction and specifications: datacom cables, power supplies, PCBs, DSL filters and connectors.
5. Expert in use of common test equipment: oscilloscope, DVM, AC and DC power supplies.
6. Strong team player with demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team to deliver common goals.
7. Must have exceptional skill at organizing tasks and efficiently managing their time. Reliable performance is critical.
8. Detailed understanding of Project Management.
9. Excellent written and verbal English language skills are a must; good Mandarin verbal skills are must.
10. BSEE required. MS preferred.
11. International travel is required. (4~8 times/year)
This is an exempt position, reporting to Sr. Manager, Component Engineering and Power Supplies. Work location is Taipei, Taiwan.
Other Job Information
|91 11 26207575||
|91 11 41207446|
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - NETGEAR Inc
- Account Manager
- Automation development manager
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Commodity Manager
- Customer Account Coordinator
- Director of Product Management
- Product Line Manager
- Product Marketing Manager
- Project Engineer
- Senior Corporate Counsel
- Senior Enginnering Product Manager
- Senior Systems Administrator
- Senior Tactical Buyer
- Senior Technical Writer
- Sr Engineering Product Manager
- Sr. Power Supply Test Engineer
- SW Engineer
- Technical Marketing Manager