[The logo is protected from the company]
NETGEAR has been a worldwide provider of technologically advanced, branded networking products since 1996. Our mission is to be the preferred customer-driven provider of innovative networking solutions for small businesses and homes.Efficiency, Innovation, Presence, Quality. Read More
|Address||350 East Plumeria Drive San Jose, California 95134-1911|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Sr Engineering Product Manager
As a member of the Service Provider Engineering team, you will be responsible for managing the development of Cable products targeted at service providers that provide Cable Modem, Home Gateway, Voice over IP (VoIP) services. These products will incorporate most of the following technologies: Cable DOCSIS, PacketCable, DNS/DHCP, IP, HTTP, SNMP, MGCP, SIP, IGMP, 802.11 Wireless, Ethernet, VPN, Firewalls.
The primary function of a Engineering Product Manager at NETGEAR is project management and technical oversight. The Engineering Product Manager manages the ODM to ensure that products are delivered in a timely fashion to a high quality and in accordance with the NETGEAR procedures and systems. In addition the engineer oversees the activities between the component vendors and the ODM. Within the service provider group, another important project management aspect is working with the sales Engineers to get products approved at service providers. The engineer must manage the technical issues that arise during the approval process and ensure a rapid resolution by working with and through the sales engineers, ODMs and Component vendors.
* For assigned projects, take overall responsibility for delivering the product to production; including requirements generation, hardware, firmware, documentation, regulatory testing and Agile release requirements, per Netgear policies. It is expected that projects should be managed with minimal supervision.
* Project management. Develop, publish and meet schedules, keep all stakeholders informed of product status at all times
* Project Execution. Manage the suppliers' (ODM, chip vendor, etc.) product development process.
* Product Verification. Manage verification testing of product features and performance.
* Customer Certification. Manage qualification of products with customers.
* Documentation. Provide input for manuals, help files, application notes and tech support web pages.
* Support. Resolve any 3rd level technical support escalations.
* Track industry technology developments, supplier roadmaps, standards bodies and make product recommendations
Skills and Requirements
* Must be self motivated and driven to achieve results
* BSEE with 5 years experience in networking hardware/software product development
* In depth domain knowledge in IP networking for Home gateways
* Strong understanding of home and WiFi networking.
* Familiarity with Cable Labs DOCSIS and related cable standards (PacketCable, etc.) an advantage
* Engineering background with significant hands-on experience in product development.
* Experience certifying products with large service providers.
* Strong understanding of the development cycle of technology products, specifically test driven development, able to track and resolve issues.
* Effective organization, project management and coordination skills; ability to get the job done.
* Proactive in taking ownership of issues and driving to resolution
* Anticipate risks, and prepare mitigation plans.
* Ability and willingness to take ownership of product; get the job done with minimal supervision.
* Teamwork. This position requires a close working relationship with the extended Netgear team, including engineering, operations, sales, customer support, marketing and program management.
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Other Job Information
|91 11 26207575||
|91 11 41207446|
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - NETGEAR Inc
- Account Manager
- Automation development manager
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Commodity Manager
- Customer Account Coordinator
- Director of Product Management
- Product Line Manager
- Product Marketing Manager
- Project Engineer
- Senior Corporate Counsel
- Senior Enginnering Product Manager
- Senior Systems Administrator
- Senior Tactical Buyer
- Senior Technical Writer
- Sr Engineering Product Manager
- Sr. Power Supply Test Engineer
- SW Engineer
- Technical Marketing Manager