[The logo is protected from the company]
NETGEAR has been a worldwide provider of technologically advanced, branded networking products since 1996. Our mission is to be the preferred customer-driven provider of innovative networking solutions for small businesses and homes.Efficiency, Innovation, Presence, Quality. Read More
|Address||350 East Plumeria Drive San Jose, California 95134-1911|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Senior Project Development Engineer (Network Storage)
As a member of the Network Storage Product engineering team, you will be responsible for managing the development of the Network Attached Storage products for consumer and SMB markets. The job function includes exploring into new technologies and bringing solutions to the markets as well as making continuous improvement to the product lines to maintain their competitiveness.
The primary function of a product development engineer at NETGEAR is project management and technical oversight. The product development engineer manages the ODM to ensure that products are delivered in a timely fashion to a high quality and in accordance with NETGEAR procedures and systems.
Detailed responsibilities include developing engineering requirements, project plans, schedules, managing ODM and product development, product qualifications, reporting product development status and verifying the project deliverables and release of NTGR products.
For assigned projects, take overall responsibility for delivering the product to production; including requirements generation, hardware, firmware, documentation, regulatory testing and Agile release requirements, per Netgear policies. It is expected that projects should be managed with minimal supervision.
* Product Definition. Work closely with product line mangers and technology partner to define the architecture of the new product designs.
* Project Management. Develop, publish and meet schedules, keep all stakeholders informed of product status at all times.
* Project Execution. Manage the suppliers' (ODM, chip vendor, etc.) product development process.
* Product Verification. Manage supplier’s verification testing. Perform product features and performance verification.
* External User Verification. Manage product Beta testing with external customers.
* Documentation. Provide input for manuals, help files, application notes, packaging design and tech support web pages.
* Production Release. Manage the production release process. Generate and verify the supporting documents for production release.
* Sustain and Support. Resolve any 3rd level technical support escalations. Request and prioritize new features and bug fixes.
* Track industry technology developments, supplier roadmaps, standards bodies and make product recommendations.
* Hands-on product development experience for Network Attached Storage products.
* Product development experience in the area of PC, Consumer Appliance, Networking and/or Server products is a plus.
* Strong understanding of the system product development cycle.
* Experience in ID design, mechanical design, high speed electronics design, system integration, system validation, and production release.
* Experience in project and/or people management.
* Knowledge of software development process, Linux development environment, driver development, and/or test program development.
* Experience in capturing and analyzing SATA, WAN/LAN packets is a plus.
* Experience in troubleshooting problems into the hardware level a big plus.
* Experience in test script development is a plus.
* Effective organization, project management and coordination skills.
* Ability to track and resolve issues.
* Ability and willingness to take ownership of product; ability to get the job done with minimal supervision.
* Good communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
* Self-starter who works well in a team environment.
* 8+ years work experience.
* Education: BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering preferred.
Other Job Information
|91 11 26207575||
|91 11 41207446|
Open Jobs - NETGEAR Inc
- Account Manager
- Automation development manager
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Commodity Manager
- Customer Account Coordinator
- Director of Product Management
- Product Line Manager
- Product Marketing Manager
- Project Engineer
- Senior Corporate Counsel
- Senior Enginnering Product Manager
- Senior Systems Administrator
- Senior Tactical Buyer
- Senior Technical Writer
- Sr Engineering Product Manager
- Sr. Power Supply Test Engineer
- SW Engineer
- Technical Marketing Manager
News - NETGEAR Inc
DescriptionNucor Steel Marion, a division of the nation’ ... [more]