[The logo is protected from the company]
NETGEAR has been a worldwide provider of technologically advanced, branded networking products since 1996. Our mission is to be the preferred customer-driven provider of innovative networking solutions for small businesses and homes.Efficiency, Innovation, Presence, Quality. Read More
|Address||350 East Plumeria Drive San Jose, California 95134-1911|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
The Product Line Manager of Product Management, Retail Networking Products is responsible for the P&L of his/her products worldwide. This responsibility includes roadmap development and product delivery, product and pricing strategy, forecasting, channel strategy, sales collaboration, and lifecycle management. This individual would be responsible for the developing the business strategy and leading the cross functional teams to achieve the corporate business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
·Develops a Product Strategy and Roadmap for the product line targeted to home/retail customers that can sustain a competitive advantage and is supported by NETGEAR management – 18-24 months out.
·Defines, constantly reviews, and differentiates the feature sets of the entire product line and individual products active in the product life cycle.
·Works with sales to establish channel strategy for the product line.
·Establishes pricing strategy for the line, monitors competitive price/position, and initiates price changes as needed.
·Assesses needs and opportunities for new products through market and customer research including focus groups, in store surveys, in home customer surveys, online surveys.
·Monitors revenue, margins, and sell-through and initiates actions to achieve life cycle volumes and margins, and directs transition and EOL actions. Actively engages with the sales organizations to understand market acceptance, develop sales plans, and understand feature/performance enhancements needed to maintain the product in the market over time.
·Directs the preparation of collateral (Data Sheets, Web Content, Reviewer Guides, Press Releases, Product Packaging) for a successful handover and launch with Marketing Communications and Sales.
·Conducts regular market analysis and demonstrates thorough understanding of technology trends, competitive updates, channel performance, pricing and user requirements.
·Drives accurate targeting of product unit and revenue forecasts.
·Participates and drives Business Development, Training, and Industry Events activities worldwide for his/her responsible products.
·Takes the role as internal expert as well as external spokesperson and evangelist for NETGEAR on the product line’s products and technology.
· Experience working directly with engineering to specify, develop, and prepare products for shipment
· Strong understanding of and/or experience with wireless networking, powerline networking, ADSL, Network Attached Storage, VOIP technologies and markets
· Experience developing products for consumer use in homes – ideally sold through retail channels
· Understands trends, key players, business models and technologies of consumer networking
· Strong experience in managing a team toward common goals and achievements.
· Ability to clearly articulate, influence & gain support for project vision.
· Ability to analyze market and technology trends and assess the optimal course of action for profitability.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work well with people at all technical levels.
· 8+ years of product management/marketing experience
· Thorough understanding of consumer channels including retail and online / ecommerce
· Demonstrated leadership skills to focus internal resources, coordinate R&D and sales force and all functional departments, and coordinate business partners.
· Demonstrated management skills and strong abilities to resolve conflicts.
· Proven track record of driving product and business strategy for a major product category.
· B.S./B.A. minimum, BS Electrical Engineer or Computer Science preferred. MBA or related masters degree also preferred.
Other Job Information
|91 11 26207575||
|91 11 41207446|
Open Jobs - NETGEAR Inc
- Account Manager
- Automation development manager
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Commodity Manager
- Customer Account Coordinator
- Director of Product Management
- Product Line Manager
- Product Marketing Manager
- Project Engineer
- Senior Corporate Counsel
- Senior Enginnering Product Manager
- Senior Systems Administrator
- Senior Tactical Buyer
- Senior Technical Writer
- Sr Engineering Product Manager
- Sr. Power Supply Test Engineer
- SW Engineer
- Technical Marketing Manager