[The logo is protected from the company]
In November 2006, the Venture Group fully acquired GES International Limited, augmenting Venture’s footprint as a leading ODM in the global Retail Store Solutions segment. In addition, the acquisition adds to the Venture Group’s overall competency and enhances the Group’s support to its customers for turnkey design and manufacturing services in the Retail Store Solutions and industrial products segment.Integrating the ODM activities of GES into the Group, Venture has significantly broadened t... Read More
|Address||5006 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5, #05-01/12 TECHplace II Singapore 569873|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
- Manage and develop strategies for an assigned group of commodities in terms of sourcing, pricing and supply
- Monitor and communicate price trends and market supply activities of assigned commodities; take necessary action when needed
- Drive and achieve targets for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Drive monthly/quarterly cost reduction with suppliers
- Benchmark pricing trends of commodities with the industry and/or suppliers’ competition
- Understand industry and commodity trends to influence the use of standard/ common parts/ materials
- Follow up of samples or First Article (FA) to be submitted through Product/ FA Engineer to customer for evaluation/ approval
- Be able to represent the team in customer interface where required.
- Identify, select and qualify new suppliers with a team of cross functional members
- Negotiate, manage and review terms and conditions with suppliers
- Work with the Commodity Manager to identify strategic suppliers for consolidation to boost negotiations on pricing, terms, contracts and agreements
- Manage suppliers to effectively achieve cost, availability and foster strong supplier relationships
- Understand and communicate capabilities and technical roadmap of key suppliers to R&D/ Engineering/ Quality departments
- Conduct Quarterly Business Review (QBR) with suppliers to share the needs and expectations of the company and provide feedback to suppliers regarding their performance
- Ensure assurance of supply (AOS) to support business needs and seek means on resolution of supply issues
- Early involvement with R&D for DFX & DFSC on component and supplier selection
- Work with Purchasing, Quality and/or Finance to resolve any supplier related issues
- Source and determine quotations at the most competitive price
- Ensure obtained pricing to be the most favourable for the company in both new and current business environments
- Ensure quotation strategy makes sense to support the required business model to improve chances of an award of business from potential customers
- Diploma/ Degree in Mechatronics/ Mechanical/ Manufacturing/ Electronics Engineering
- 3 years in Manufacturing
- Engineering background, able to read & understand technical drawings & specifications.
- Proficient negotiation skills. Good understanding of the supply base, both local and overseas with good understanding of the outsourcing requirements in the China/India/Thailand, an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools, with effective communication and presentation skills. SAP knowledge is an added advantage.
- Possess good analytical skills to justify the course of work and be able to communicate tactfully as critical and sensitive Information is involved.
- Candidate must be able to multi-task.
Other Job Information