[The logo is protected from the company]
Craft Brew Alliance was formed with the merger of leading Pacific Northwest craft brewers – Widmer Brothers Brewing and Redhook Ale Brewery – in 2008. With an eye toward preserving and growing one-of-a-kind craft beers and brands, CBA was joined by Kona Brewing Company in 2010.When Kurt & Rob Widmer founded Widmer Brothers Brewing in 1984, they didn’t confine their brewing exploration to strict style guidelines. To this day, Widmer Brothers continues to create handcrafted beers with a uni... Read More
|Address||929 North Russell Street Portland, OR 97227|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Key Account Manager
Craft Brew Alliance representing high quality hand crafted beers with a portfolio from Widmer Brothers Brewing Company, Redhook Brewery, Kona Brewing Co. and Omission has an immediate opening for a Key Accounts Manager - Off Premise in the Mid Atlantic market, ideally based in the Sacramento Area. This position reports to the Director, Key Accounts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This position is responsible for growing volume and profitability in assigned accounts through development of plans and relationships with key retailers and assisting key off-premise accounts in identifying and executing their top priorities for the craft beer category.
* Responsible for execution of Craft Brew pricing strategies, by brand, and improving share of visibility for brands (i.e. merchandising) and permanent point-of-sale (POS) through retail execution.
* Responsible for achievement of core brand distribution; promotion penetration; and increasing regional core brand consumer promotion execution; by understanding and applying local dynamics in executing plans.
* Work with distributors to:
o Provide input based on current market evaluation. Understand distributor off-premise capabilities and execute monthly distributor off-premise plan and measure results. Monitor and communicate competitive activity.
o Increase distributor focus on Craft Brew brands and programs. Work with distributors to build focus on the craft beer segment.
Specific job duties:
* Support the company Mission and Vision Statement.
* Maintain constant communication with the Director, Key Accounts.
* Responsible for how Craft Brew Alliance distribution and promotional activity looks in the Off-Premise market.
* Create and execute custom programs with off-premise retailers and with distributors.
* Assist in price-setting strategies.
* Maintain visibility in retail trade, including relationship with store level management.
* Liaison between Craft Brew Alliance and buyer for key national and regional Off-Premise chain accounts.
* Work with designated Off-Premise key account representatives from wholesalers
* Present monthly, six-month and year-end reviews to retailers.
* Create annual account business plan
* Present Trimester, workshop account business plans
* Create a monthly key analysis presentation to wholesalers.
* Entertain retailers and key personnel at wholesalers.
* Present new items and programs to retailers.
* Bachelors Degree in Business; related discipline or equivalent work experience.
* Proven success with key accounts with a consumer products company (preferably in the beer category)
* Position requires basic knowledge and skills in the following areas: Selling Skills, Business Understanding, Category Management, Analysis, Planning and Execution and Organizational Development.
* Selling Skills - Possesses the basic knowledge and skills necessary to execute Fact Based Solution Selling.
* Business Understanding - possesses knowledge of retail delivery and impact of distributor operations on retail. i.e. - knowledge of the dynamics of the retail channel (bar/tavern vs. hotel) and key customer needs (service, brand portfolio, POS merchandising, consumer promotions, etc) and experience in retail call-in account promotions and how distributors service the retail channel. Possesses basic business financial and supporting analytical skills.
* Category Management - possesses basic knowledge about the beer industry and Craft Brewers category management tactics - i.e. - understand the role of craft beer in off-premise accounts.
* Analysis, Planning and Execution - possesses basic analysis, objective setting, tracking and measuring abilities for low-complexity applications with short term planning horizons. Has the ability to access and analyze information from various sources, reach conclusions and provide input into larger planning processes. Has the ability to access and manipulate data sources and use Microsoft Office applications including e-mail effectively.
* Organization Development - Has the ability to interact effectively in one-on-one situations with co-workers and customers. Demonstrates approachability, composure and customer focus. Demonstrates leadership and influencing skills to influence distributor and retailer actions.
* Basic Computer software proficiency (MS Office suite; sales tracking tools)
* Ability to travel on a frequent basis
* Must be able to work flexible hours/days
* Must have good record keeping and business communication skills
* Must be familiar with many aspects of the brewing industry and the beer distribution industry
Craft Brew Alliance offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, rewarding work environment and growth for committed professional. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Other Job Information
News - Craft Brew Alliance Inc.
Accounts Assistant (AP/ AR):Position 1: Accounts Assis ... [more]