[The logo is protected from the company]
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. (NYSE: CLF) (Paris: CLF) is an international mining and natural resources company. * The largest producer of iron ore pellets in North America. * A major supplier of direct-shipping lump and fines iron ore out of Australia. * A significant producer of high and low volatile metallurgical coal. Driven by the core values of social, environmental and capital stewardship, Cliffs associates across the globe endeavor to provide all stakeholders operating and fi... Read More
|Address||200 Public Sq # 3300, Cleveland, OH|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Project Manager Mine Expansion
The Project Manager, Mine Expansion will have lead accountability for this major capital project, leading the scope, schedule and cost parameters along with providing high quality and innovative business case evaluations and recommendations to Senior Cliffs’ Management.
Specific Responsibilities/Essential Functions
The project is marked by the size of the projected capital investment with a high degree of complexity and associated corporate risk. The expansion effort encompasses the typical process facility and infrastructure involving geology, reserves, mine planning and mining and processing. Cliffs operates largely in a matrix environment; therefore, the role requires the Project Manager to seamlessly deploy “authority through influencing” skills at all times.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Through management of resources, influence, and collaboration, provide the management and oversight of direct and indirect reports to ensure all aspects of the project are executed consistently and in compliance with Cliffs’ Capital Investment Study (CIS) standards. Provide reliable business case evaluation and recommendations.
• Develop project options and lead in the development of the project business case, employing industry best practices.
• Collaboratively lead and/or actively participate with functional leaders on all activities which lay the foundation required for the successful delivery of the Project.
• Develop collaboration between the Project Team, business resources, and corporate resources.
• Actively participate in development, management, and execution of schedules and budgets.
• Ensure accurate and timely reporting standards are maintained throughout the project.
• Identify and evaluate potential project risks and/or opportunities
• Monitor all work in progress to ensure that Cliffs’ CIS standards are compliant. Ensure business cases presented are reliable and achievable. Help to drive continuous improvement of the project process.
• Develop and present presentations which clearly demonstrate the risk/reward of the project.
• Develop and maintain positive community and government relations through open, honest, and transparent interactions based on a good mutual understanding of Cliffs’ and external project stakeholders’ interests.
• Ensure Cliffs’ global standards for safety and sustainability are understood and followed.
• Ensure all project activities are conducted within Cliffs’ Core Value framework and meet local, provincial, and national regulatory requirements.
Health, Safety, and Environment
• Deliver an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
• Provide health, safety, and environmental leadership consistent with Cliffs Core Values and stated policies.
• Build a strong team in key areas and cascade project and business expectations throughout the organization.
• Provide clear direction and leadership in all areas of the project delivery activities.
• Develop a robust talent pipeline within the project team, by identifying, nurturing and facilitating the growth and development of key talent within the business.
• Develop relationships, and represent Cliffs where required (coordinated with Cliffs Government and Public Affairs and Business Leadership) with Government / Regulatory stakeholders at a local, provincial and national level.
• Champion the adoption of a disciplined operating culture and reinforce Cliff’s expectations and policy.
Project Planning, Reporting and Communication
• Monitor and report on overall program schedule, and progress including:
o Conduct project review meetings;
o Prepare project reports on activities for submission to management;
o Proactive approach to ensure maximum efficiencies and effectiveness are achieved across all areas of project activities;
o Present at Company management and Board meetings as required;
o Represent the Company with government related bodies as required and coordinate with corporate government affairs and other business resources.
Project Controls, Procedures and Systems
• Develop and finalize all necessary project procedures.
• Ensure executive management is fully apprised of any developments that may affect project cost, schedule, internal team relationships, relationships with other Company staff members or other external relationships.
• Develop and maintain Project Approval Authority responsibilities.
• Manage the evaluation and approval processes for the contracts awarded to external consultants used by Cliffs’ project team.
• Ensure all approvals and sign-offs are executed in accordance with the project procedures.
• Review external consultants’ actual costs relative to budget on a routine/regular basis together with progress against schedule.
• University degree in engineering, management, or related field required.
• Advanced degree (MS/MBA) is preferred.
• 10+ years experience in large mining or oil and gas projects with an emphasis on guiding projects from feasibility onwards. Ideally an executive who has worked both in operations and project development.
• Proven ability to understand and be able to synthesize cross functional information from teams including geology, metallurgy/process, mine engineering, geostatistical modeling, operations, projects, information technology, tax, treasury, financials, environmental, social, political, land, legal, human resources, supply chain, and overall project management on complex evaluations.
• Demonstrated ability to think outside the box, drive innovation, and hold large cross functional teams accountable for results and recommendations that drive critical corporate decisions.
• Ability to communicate complex information in varying forms (verbal, presentation, report) to audiences ranging from technical team members to Executive level business co sponsors.
• Significant leadership experience, high level site responsibility and accountability for large projects, preferably with varying financial levers, from conceptual stage through basic and detailed engineering.
• Exhibits visible health, safety, and environmental values and behaviors commensurate with leadership role.
Other Job Information
Open Jobs - Cliffs Natural Resources Inc.
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Assistant North American Exploratio
- Business Improvement Manager
- Chemical\Metallurgical Engineer May 2013
- Chemical\Metallurgical Engineering Internship Summ
- Civil Engineer May 2013
- Civil Engineering Internship Summer 2013
- Electrical Engineer May 2013
- Electrical Engineering Internship Summer 2013
- Electrical Supervisor
- Electrical\Instrumental Maintenance Technician
- FerroChrome Production Facility
- Geological Engineering Internship Summer 2013
- HR Business Partner
- Industrial Electrician
- IT Audit Manager
- IT Risk & Compliance Sr Analyst
- IT Vulnerability Management Sr Analyst
- IT Vulnerability Management Sr Analyst
- Maintenance Technician
- Manager Ferroalloys Finance
- Manager Inventory Control
- Mechanical Engineer May 2013
- Mechanical Engineering Internship Summer 2013
- Metallurgical Engineer
- Mine Maintenance Technician
- Mine Operations Supervisor
- Mine Operations Technician
- Mine Site & Processing Facility
- Mine Surveyor\Technician
- Mining Engineer
- Mining Engineer May 2013
- Mining Engineering Internship Summer 2013
- Mobile Equipment Maintenance Supervisor
- Mobile Equipment Maintenance Supervisor
- Operations Training Coordinator
- Plant Operations and Maintenance Technician
- Plant Operations Technician
- Process Engineer
- Project Geologist
- Project Manager Mine Expansion
- Reliability Engineer
- Reliability Engineer Electrical
- Section Manager Mine Engineering
- Section manager Railway operations
- Senior Mine Geologist
- Senior Supervisor Payroll
- Senior Tax Analyst
- Staff Accountant