[The logo is protected from the company]
Cepheid (Nasdaq: CPHD) is a leading molecular diagnostics company that is dedicated to improving healthcare by developing, manufacturing, and marketing accurate yet easy-to-use molecular systems and tests. By automating highly complex and time-consuming manual procedures, the company's solutions deliver a better way for institutions of any size to perform sophisticated genetic testing for organisms and genetic-based diseases. Through its strong molecular biology capabilities, the company is f... Read More
|Address||904 Caribbean Drive Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
The Instrument Manufacturing Group needs a highly motivated and experienced Instrument Manufacturing Technician with strong electrical and mechanical skills to work on the Molecular Diagnostics Instrument production line. The successful candidate will have experience ranging from board level troubleshooting to high level system wiring and have solid knowledge of software configuration. Able to follow established the documentation outlining the process and test requirements to ensure compliance to FDA and quality requirements.
* Follow established safety policies and procedures and when required wear appropriate safety equipment.
* Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices and ensure quality products by following approved assembly and testing procedures.
* Comply with Good Documentation Practices when creating, documenting and reviewing quality records.
* Open and view current revisions of documents in Agile. Access changes to documents, drafts and obsolete documents as an Agile Read Only Super User.
* Comply with ESD Handling Procedure to protect electronic parts and assemblies.
* Perform Line Clearance, assemble and test sub-assemblies and Instruments.
* Subassemblies such as: Excite/Detect blocks, I Core, Module and instrument by performing operational test and fault isolation.
* Set up, execute system test, and document test result in a formal report.
* Perform functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies.
* Use sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment.
* Determine and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process.
* Work with engineers in conducting experiments.
* Follow established documentation outlining the process and test requirements
* Assembly of clinical and commercial products. Follow blueprints, guidelines and/or diagrams to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met.
* Work on complex systems (GeneXpert Infinity).
* Support Production Manager on rework activities such as troubleshooting and reworking PCB, Excite, Detect, I Core and modules.
Required Knowledge - Skills - and Abilities:
* A minimum of 2 to 4 years related experience.
* High School diploma or equivalent with experience in medical diagnostic or pharmaceutical environment.
* AA degree in Electronic preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
* Solid understand of AC and DC electronic wiring (i.e., current/voltage rating, circuit breakers, and safety precautions) and advantage.
* Proficient knowledge in the use of DVM and oscilloscope is highly preferred.
* Knowledge and experience in the installation and configuration of PC based software.
* Knowledge of hand and powered tools.
* PCBA soldering skills.
* Excellent workmanship standards are essential.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
* Ability to read schematics and basic computer skills with Word and Excel.
* Knowledgeable working with electronic components.
* Experience in QSR/GMP
* Highly motivated
ECO and NCR process experience preferred
Must be able to lift 20 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - CEPHEID
- Account Manager
- Accounts Payable Associate
- Automation Engineer
- Clinical Research Associate
- Field Technical Support
- Instruments Technician
- International Regulatory Affairs
- Maintenance Technician
- Manufacturing Automation Technician
- Package Assembler
- Product Transfer Scientist
- Senior Director of Quality Systems
- Senior Software Engineer
- Service Technician I
- Software Engineering
- Software Test Technician
- Staffing Coordinator
- Technical Support Specialist
- Technical Writer
News - CEPHEID
DescriptionBASIC FUNCTIONS: Steel detailing of all parts ... [more]