[The logo is protected from the company]
Cepheid (Nasdaq: CPHD) is a leading molecular diagnostics company that is dedicated to improving healthcare by developing, manufacturing, and marketing accurate yet easy-to-use molecular systems and tests. By automating highly complex and time-consuming manual procedures, the company's solutions deliver a better way for institutions of any size to perform sophisticated genetic testing for organisms and genetic-based diseases. Through its strong molecular biology capabilities, the company is f... Read More
|Address||904 Caribbean Drive Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer working on a medical diagnostic application predominantly in the Java language running on Windows desktop. You will be a member of the Software Applications team. We are looking for a well-rounded, collaborative, software engineer with a knack for problem solving, a strong sense of software design and solid coding skills. We have a fast-paced, dynamic environment and you should be comfortable juggling multiple projects, working both independently and as a member of a team.
Contract for 6 months.
You will prototype, design, implement and maintain the software application.
You will be part of a software engineering team that develops software for commercial products, manufacturing test systems and in-house research.
Your projects will involve GUI development using Java Swing, back-end logic development, as well as mathematical data analysis, data acquisition and storage.
You will participate in cross-functional project teams with scientists, technical support and other engineers.
You must work well in a team environment, and also work well with internal and external customers.
You need to be sensitive to the voice of the customers.
You will adhere to software development and source control processes.
Required Knowledge - Skills - and Abilities:
A BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent, and a minimum of 8 years of working experience in Java
* Experience designing and developing graphical user interfaces
* Exceptional Java object oriented design and programming skills
* Solid understanding of concurrency, data structures, and data caching techniques
* Demonstrated knowledge of automated testing (JUnit) and experience with test-driven development
* Exceptional debugging and profiling skills
* Experience in Gap Analysis of existing software to current and future designs
* Desire to constantly improve existing systems and methodologies
* Ability to handle multiple, time sensitive projects and activities simultaneously
* Ability to fluidly shift focus and priorities based on changing business needs
* Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, curious, responsible and flexible
* Ability to evaluate criteria and exercise judgment in selecting techniques to obtain results.
* Ability to communicate complex technical issues and design to the peers
* Ability to produce thorough documentation that meets regulatory/methodology requirements
* Experience with developing and maintaining software requirements and software design documentation
• Experience developing GUIs with Java Swing
• Experience with UI layout tools is a plus
• Experience with various database technologies
• Experience in ISO and FDA regulated environments, and medical diagnostics instrument related software design.
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - CEPHEID
- Account Manager
- Accounts Payable Associate
- Automation Engineer
- Clinical Research Associate
- Field Technical Support
- Instruments Technician
- International Regulatory Affairs
- Maintenance Technician
- Manufacturing Automation Technician
- Package Assembler
- Product Transfer Scientist
- Senior Director of Quality Systems
- Senior Software Engineer
- Service Technician I
- Software Engineering
- Software Test Technician
- Staffing Coordinator
- Technical Support Specialist
- Technical Writer