[The logo is protected from the company]
Cepheid (Nasdaq: CPHD) is a leading molecular diagnostics company that is dedicated to improving healthcare by developing, manufacturing, and marketing accurate yet easy-to-use molecular systems and tests. By automating highly complex and time-consuming manual procedures, the company's solutions deliver a better way for institutions of any size to perform sophisticated genetic testing for organisms and genetic-based diseases. Through its strong molecular biology capabilities, the company is f... Read More
|Address||904 Caribbean Drive Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Technical Support Specialist
As the Technical Support Specialist II you will be responsible for providing first line technical support to Cepheid customers, for medium case complexity and routine customer relation issues for all Cepheid products and instrument systems. In addition, you will provide support to field technical support specialists, field systems engineers, Cepheid commercial professionals, and technical support professionals located globally in Cepheid offices as well as distributorships. Familiar with real-time nucleic acid amplification systems, and/or molecular devices. Knowledge and application of computers, MS Excel, MS Word is a must
Minimal supervision needed
* Provide phone and e-mail on demand technical support for different shifts including weekends and holidays and as schedule demands.
* Serve as primary interface with customers contacting Cepheid with technical questions, problems, or complaints.
* Document and update customer reported complains in the CMS related to Cepheid systems and products.
* Conduct preliminary investigation and data collection for technical problems of diverse scope, and escalate to next level Technical Support Specialist as warranted.
* Follow SOPs to ensure accurate and complete complaint handling and documentation in the Complaint Management System.
* Follow procedures set forth in ISO regulations and QSR for medical device.
* Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Technical Support Manager
* Meets all KPI's (call volume, closes, quality review).
Required Knowledge - Skills - and Abilities:
* Minimum associate’s degree in relevant discipline (Science, Engineering,Clinical Laboratory Science) or relevant certification in clinical laboratory science (i.e. MLT/ MLS).
* Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in clinical laboratories and/or medical diagnostic industry.
* Knowledge and application of computers, MS Excel, MS Word is a must
* Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills.
* Solid knowledge of Cepheid products and systems
* Able to use all business systems associated with position function
* Good understanding of SOP's and processes
* Highly organized with attention to details.
* Ability to follow complex procedures and processes.
* Highly motivated team player.
* Knowledge of molecular diagnostics is preferred.
* Flexible to work different shifts, weekends and holidays as needed. Primary hours of Technical Support are 6:00 am to 11:00pm Central time.
* Supervision needed
BS in Science, Clinical Laboratory Science, or relevant certification in clinical laboratory science (i.e. MLT/ MLS)
3-4 years of relevant experience in clinical laboratories and/or medical diagnostic industry.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.
Flexible to work different shifts, weekend and holidays as needed.
Be able to talk on the phone for up to 7 hours per day.
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - CEPHEID
- Account Manager
- Accounts Payable Associate
- Automation Engineer
- Clinical Research Associate
- Field Technical Support
- Instruments Technician
- International Regulatory Affairs
- Maintenance Technician
- Manufacturing Automation Technician
- Package Assembler
- Product Transfer Scientist
- Senior Director of Quality Systems
- Senior Software Engineer
- Service Technician I
- Software Engineering
- Software Test Technician
- Staffing Coordinator
- Technical Support Specialist
- Technical Writer