[The logo is protected from the company]
Cepheid (Nasdaq: CPHD) is a leading molecular diagnostics company that is dedicated to improving healthcare by developing, manufacturing, and marketing accurate yet easy-to-use molecular systems and tests. By automating highly complex and time-consuming manual procedures, the company's solutions deliver a better way for institutions of any size to perform sophisticated genetic testing for organisms and genetic-based diseases. Through its strong molecular biology capabilities, the company is f... Read More
|Address||904 Caribbean Drive Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Manufacturing Automation Technician
Cepheid is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Automation Technician to support manufacturing for the graveyard and weekend shift.
This position is temporary with an estimated duration of 6 months working the 3rd/graveyard shift. Grave Shift, 10:30 pm - 7am.
* In this role, you will be a hands-on technician in the Equipment Engineering Department and will be the primary support to production in troubleshooting and resolving manufacturing equipment downtime to ensure maximum output.
* You will work closely with Production and Engineering to monitor equipment status and performance.
* You will be proactive in addressing problems using the appropriate troubleshooting and repair techniques.
* You will carefully document all repairs and the appropriate adjustments made.
* In addition, you will assess the equipment’s performance and repair history and work with engineers to plan a preventative maintenance schedule as well as work on equipment upgrades as appropriate.
Required Knowledge - Skills - and Abilities:
* Minimum of 2 - 4 years experience as an Equipment Technician.
* Must have excellent communication skills.
* Have basic knowledge working with MS Office.
* Must have solid understanding of interpreting manuals and schematics and have strong knowledge in mechanical alignment and the troubleshooting of automated equipment.
* Must have experience working with pneumatics.
* Familiarity with PLC controls, Automation; Robotics, Microswitches, Synrad Lasers.
* Basic usage of hand tools and the ability to use multimeters to trouble shoot equipment problems.
* Previous work experience in a Manufacturing environment; ability to repair equipment timely under pressure
Ultrasonic welding experience is a plus.
PLC knowledge and experience is a big plus.
Ability to lift 50 lbs.
A great amount of kneeling and bending.
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - CEPHEID
- Account Manager
- Accounts Payable Associate
- Automation Engineer
- Clinical Research Associate
- Field Technical Support
- Instruments Technician
- International Regulatory Affairs
- Maintenance Technician
- Manufacturing Automation Technician
- Package Assembler
- Product Transfer Scientist
- Senior Director of Quality Systems
- Senior Software Engineer
- Service Technician I
- Software Engineering
- Software Test Technician
- Staffing Coordinator
- Technical Support Specialist
- Technical Writer