[The logo is protected from the company]
Cepheid (Nasdaq: CPHD) is a leading molecular diagnostics company that is dedicated to improving healthcare by developing, manufacturing, and marketing accurate yet easy-to-use molecular systems and tests. By automating highly complex and time-consuming manual procedures, the company's solutions deliver a better way for institutions of any size to perform sophisticated genetic testing for organisms and genetic-based diseases. Through its strong molecular biology capabilities, the company is f... Read More
|Address||904 Caribbean Drive Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
This Software Engineering Intern offers an excellent opportunity to gain real world experience in the fields of biotechnology and medical devices. Cepheid develops, manufactures, and markets fully-integrated systems and tests for on-demand genetic analysis in the clinical, industrial and biothreat markets. The company's systems automate otherwise complex manual laboratory procedures including sample preparation, DNA amplification and detection, which enable the analysis of complex biological samples when and where it is needed. A vital component of these systems is the software that controls the system, collects relevant data, analyzes the results, and presents these results to the end user. Additional software is used in the manufacture of these medical devices.
This internship is flexible to accomodate between 20-40 hours a week. The estimated duration 4 months in length.
The Software Engineering Intern will report to the Software Engineering Manager, and perform duties as an individual contributor, as well as a team member, with 100% hands-on work. The candidate will be involved in prototyping, designing, implementing and maintaining our software applications. The candidate may also work with other cross functional groups (software quality, electrical, mechanical, and firmware engineers) to troubleshoot and develop features for Cepheid’s instrument and diagnostic software.
* Prototypes, design, implement and maintain software applications.
* Work in a software engineering team, developing software for commercial products, manufacturing test systems and in-house research.
* Develop graphical user interfaces, back-end logic development, as well as mathematical data analysis, data acquisition and database storage.
* Participate in cross-functional project teams with scientists, software quality, technical support and other engineers.
* Adhere to software development and source control processes.
Required Knowledge - Skills - and Abilities:
* Currently enrolled in a college or university working towards a degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
* Analytical/troubleshooting skills and self-motivated
* Willing to learn new concepts, technologies, products, and tools
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
* Windows environment, MS Office
-Junior to Senior in class standing is preferred.
-Object-Oriented Analysis/Design/Programming experience
-Experience with Java
-Algorithms and data structures
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - CEPHEID
- Account Manager
- Accounts Payable Associate
- Automation Engineer
- Clinical Research Associate
- Field Technical Support
- Instruments Technician
- International Regulatory Affairs
- Maintenance Technician
- Manufacturing Automation Technician
- Package Assembler
- Product Transfer Scientist
- Senior Director of Quality Systems
- Senior Software Engineer
- Service Technician I
- Software Engineering
- Software Test Technician
- Staffing Coordinator
- Technical Support Specialist
- Technical Writer