[The logo is protected from the company]
Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE), the largest U.S. options exchange and creator of listed options, continues to set the bar for options trading through product innovation, trading technology and investor education.CBOE offers equity, index and ETF options, including proprietary products, such as S&P 500 options (SPX), the most active U.S. index option, and options on the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX), the world's barometer for market volatility. Other groundbreaking products engineered... Read More
|Address||400 S La Salle St # 1 Chicago, IL 60605|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
The successful candidate will perform logical and physical design and administration of multiple Oracle databases containing more than 500 tables for both real-time and batch applications; provide design alternatives to proposed processes as needed. Experience with queries tuning and performance monitoring is required.
* Produce and documents logical and physical database design using Erwin 7 as a data modeling tool, while working with users and developers to understand their data needs and relationships to existing corporate data.
* Maintain the Enterprise data model repository using Erwin 7 Model Mart Software. As part of the project team, define tasks and design systems architecture for new implementations, provide projects status information to management.
* Perform physical database design at the object level, create DOL scripts, define database snapshots, table partitions, and backup¬ recovery strategy for Oracle 1OG and 11G databases.
* Oracle database tuning and administration including security management, instance performance monitoring, tablespace utilization, schema object management, database capacity planning, "bottlenecks" and "offensive" SQL activity monitoring and resolution.
* Experience with TKPROF, AWR, ASH and other monitoring tools is required.
* Assist developers with application design and performance tuning
* Coordinate testing with other development groups and operations. Identify appropriate level of testing and ensure that testing is complete before signing off
* Provide support for development and production systems.
Required Skills and Experience:
· A minimum of 10 years experience in Relational database design and administration, Oracle RAC is mandatory, with special emphasis on data modeling, data analysis and deployment of databases. Erwin or other data modeling skills are mandatory.
· Knowledge and experience working with Oracle performance views and data dictionary is mandatory.
· Design of large databases (100 +tables) and database sizes greater then 1TB to include at least 3-5 years with applications analysis and design.
· Knowledge and practical experience of applications development in distributed network environment
· Experience with partitioned and sub-partitioned tables and VLDB is - required.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work as part of a group, or, at times, independently
· Knowledge and practical experience of Oracle 1Oi RAC is mandatory
· Educational requirements include Bachelors degree. Computer Science or related discipline is preferred.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
· Knowledge of financial exchange systems a plus
* Experience with Oracle table compression is a plus
Other Job Information