[The logo is protected from the company]
In 1976, Jim McCann, founder and CEO of 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, opened his first retail florist shop and forever changed the way flowers are bought for birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions. For more than 30 years, our passion has been to help you connect and express yourself to the important people in your life by providing the finest selection of beautiful flowers and arrangements, from roses to tulips to carnations to orchids to gerbera daisies, available for same day or next day deliv... Read More
|Address||One Old Country Road Suite 500 Carle Place, NY 11514|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Senior Manager, Search Engine Optimization
1-800-FLOWERS.COM is seeking a Search Engine Optimization Senior Manager for our Carle Place, NY headquarters to lead organic search for the 1800flowers.com site for desktop, mobile and tablets. The Senior Manager will report directly to the Senior Director of Online, Mobile & SEO and will use their natural search expertise to assertively recommend the absolute best SEO strategies and solutions in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
In addition to managing current SEO strategies, the Senior Manager will develop and implement new tactics to drive growth and to maximize the natural search channel as a whole. The SEO expert should be able to make firm and difficult decisions, creatively think outside the box, and multi-task multiple projects, with results-driven goals at the top of mind and a past history of success.
* Oversee and analyze current SEO initiatives while identifying and implement new ones.
* Candidate's strong coding and search engine algorithm expertise should help ensure all pages are friendly for search engine bots to easily crawl our site with reduced page load time, easy to navigate breadcrumbs, clean URL structure, etc.
* Optimize 1800flowers.com including all subdomains and subdirectories for organic listings including image, social, local/maps and video optimization.
* Ranking & Keyword Management and Analysis: Produce high-level keyword analysis while tracking, managing and distributing daily and weekly organic rankings for 1800flowers.com. Candidate should also have an excellent handle and awareness of personalized and local search.
* Review current on-page optimization and refresh as necessary based on performance of targeted keywords.
* Oversee website content with the SEO Specialist to ensure the on-page and off-page site copy is both user and SEO friendly. The Senior Manager will also make sure all content is engaging to users, of the highest quality, keyword smart to limit competing pages, etc.
* Provide expert natural search advice internally and externally to our sister brands as necessary.
* Work alongside the Senior Director and the Finance team to budget and forecast natural search numbers in addition to analysis of past numbers.
* Analyze an extremely competitive marketplace and e-commerce trends.
* Work closely with Web Marketing and the IT team to support new site initiatives.
* Social media guidance and understanding from an SEO perspective.
* Blogging experience is a plus.
* Coordinate and investigate efforts with the SEM team.
* XML and HTML sitemap experience.
* Create a white hat link building strategies.
* Share SEO current events and search engine algorithm changes with internal colleagues.
* E-commerce/online retail experience is a must.
* Technical skills and a strong developer/I.T. understanding. Site migration knowledge is a plus.
* Team Management Skills: Effectively manage and work with the SEO Specialist as well as external agencies in natural search efforts. Candidate should be easy to work with, assertive and a team player.
* Strong knowledge of coding, search engine algorithms, and website architecture (IBM WebSphere knowledge is a plus) from a SEO perspective with the ability to provide top notch recommendations. Schema.org familiarity and site migration experience is a plus.
* Solid analytical skills with key performance metrics is a must with an understanding of Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Coremetrics and Bing Webmaster Tools.
* SEO copywriting best practice knowledge for on-page and off-page copy.
* Ability to analyze backlinks and practice white hat link strategies.
* SEO knowledge of various platforms including mobile and tablet in addition to desktop.
* Should possess a good understanding of usability and online shopping behavior as our customers and online users are our number one priority.
* Candidate should have a B.S/B.A. degree in a related field and at least 5 years of experience in organic search.
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - 1800 Flowers Inc
- Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Active Directory Administrator
- Digital Leadership Program Mobile Associate
- Director - Loyalty
- Key Account Manager
- Manager, Analytics & Decision Support
- Manager, Strategic Analysis
- Marketing Coordinator
- MS SharePoint Developer/Admin
- Oracle Team Leader
- QA Performance Test Analyst
- Real Time Operations Coordinator
- Senior Accountant
- Senior Manager, Search Engine Optimization
- Senior Network Engineer
- The Senior Manager, Enterprise Public Relations
- Work Force management Operations Manager