[The logo is protected from the company]
In 1976, Jim McCann, founder and CEO of 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, opened his first retail florist shop and forever changed the way flowers are bought for birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions. For more than 30 years, our passion has been to help you connect and express yourself to the important people in your life by providing the finest selection of beautiful flowers and arrangements, from roses to tulips to carnations to orchids to gerbera daisies, available for same day or next day deliv... Read More
|Address||One Old Country Road Suite 500 Carle Place, NY 11514|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Oracle Team Leader
The Oracle Developer will have responsibility for Application Development and maintenance of the in house ATLAS Oracle Client/Server Platform. Reporting to the Director - Floral Transaction Systems, this position requires hands on technical development and maintenance of application software and projects. This position requires the candidate to work closely with a team of onsite and offshore developers. The ideal candidate will have 6 to 10 years of relevant software development experience.
* " Solid understanding and hands on experience in PL/SQL, Oracle Forms and Stored Procedures.
* Strong SQL and database skills.
* Strong experience in UNIX and shell scripts.
* Experience in problem resolution with IT systems and individuals.
* Oral communication (customer interaction, requirements analysis, BPR, training).
* Written communication (writing project work plan, system design, user guides).
* Background in Java. WebServices, SOAP, REST, Struts, Web 2.0 Frameworks, JQuery, etc.
* Background in web system integration, especially in large-scale environments.
* Knowledge of software development lifecycles, design patterns and best practice methodologies. Experience with Agile methodologies, RUP, XP, and SEI CMM.
* Understanding of system design and development environments, such as UML, Eclipse, Ant.
* Knowledge of the retail industry is a plus.
* Oracle Client/Server Development- 35%
* Day to Day Production Support for multiple production systems- 25%
* Interface with Delivery Management team and business customers for planning- 40%
* Additionally, the candidate should be vendor and product agnostic and have the ability to adapt and absorb new and emerging standards in the software development environment such as Open Source, etc. The candidate must display the ability to lead discussions and encourage thought on enabling business value and growth through rapid integration and delivery.
* Innovation and thought leadership is a critical success factor for this position. The candidate should not just be able to think of new and great ideas, but also be able to communicate it effectively, and follow through with execution.
* Certification a plus.
* Computer skills.
* Ability to work for extended hours during peak business times, especially during Christmas, Valentine's and Mother's Day Holidays.
* Ability to work for extended hours during production deployments and crucial project phases.
* Ability to transcend timezones to effectively interface with Offshore development teams.
* Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Computer Science or related field. Master's Degree a plus.
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - 1800 Flowers Inc
- Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Active Directory Administrator
- Digital Leadership Program Mobile Associate
- Director - Loyalty
- Key Account Manager
- Manager, Analytics & Decision Support
- Manager, Strategic Analysis
- Marketing Coordinator
- MS SharePoint Developer/Admin
- Oracle Team Leader
- QA Performance Test Analyst
- Real Time Operations Coordinator
- Senior Accountant
- Senior Manager, Search Engine Optimization
- Senior Network Engineer
- The Senior Manager, Enterprise Public Relations
- Work Force management Operations Manager