[The logo is protected from the company]
In 1976, Jim McCann, founder and CEO of 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, opened his first retail florist shop and forever changed the way flowers are bought for birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions. For more than 30 years, our passion has been to help you connect and express yourself to the important people in your life by providing the finest selection of beautiful flowers and arrangements, from roses to tulips to carnations to orchids to gerbera daisies, available for same day or next day deliv... Read More
|Address||One Old Country Road Suite 500 Carle Place, NY 11514|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
1-800-FLOWERS.COM, , a leading gift company is looking to hire a professional and highly organized Senior Accountant to take hands-on responsibility for accounting, cash management, account analysis, audits and financial reporting.
As a Senior Accountant with 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, INC. you must be able to effectively prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously in a deadline driven environment. Our ideal Senior Accountant is detail-oriented, ambitious for career advancement and has great growth potential. You must be a leader who makes sound decisions with good judgment and applies strong analytical skills to understand complex concepts and procedures. You must possess exceptional verbal, written and inter-personnel skills. You must have the aptitude to be a quick learner and the ability to work independently when needed. This position reports to the Supervisor of Financial Reporting.
* Perform timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities, G/L entries and preparing financial statements.
* Maintain integrity of balance sheet accounts through review of account activity and balances for accuracy and reasonableness and prepare adequate supporting audit schedules.
* Establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with other employees and areas supported.
* Assist with both internal and external reporting requirements, ensuring compliance with internal controls and financial company policy compliance/governance.
* Complete daily cash report for Management, establish an effective relationship with bank personnel to coordinate and resolve various banking issues and identify enhancements to online services.
* Able to identify process improvement opportunities for processes and reporting.
* Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
* MBA and/or CPA a plus
* Minimum of four years professional experience required
* Public/private mix a plus
* Experience with a larger corporate environment a plus
* Extremely proficient in Excel (pivot tables and macros)
* Oracle experience a plus
Other Job Information
Open Jobs - 1800 Flowers Inc
- Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Active Directory Administrator
- Digital Leadership Program Mobile Associate
- Director - Loyalty
- Key Account Manager
- Manager, Analytics & Decision Support
- Manager, Strategic Analysis
- Marketing Coordinator
- MS SharePoint Developer/Admin
- Oracle Team Leader
- QA Performance Test Analyst
- Real Time Operations Coordinator
- Senior Accountant
- Senior Manager, Search Engine Optimization
- Senior Network Engineer
- The Senior Manager, Enterprise Public Relations
- Work Force management Operations Manager
News - 1800 Flowers Inc
Reporting to the Senior Manager, you will be responsible ... [more]
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION (GM - F&A): 1. To manage, pla ... [more]