[The logo is protected from the company]
In 1976, Jim McCann, founder and CEO of 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, opened his first retail florist shop and forever changed the way flowers are bought for birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions. For more than 30 years, our passion has been to help you connect and express yourself to the important people in your life by providing the finest selection of beautiful flowers and arrangements, from roses to tulips to carnations to orchids to gerbera daisies, available for same day or next day deliv... Read More
|Address||One Old Country Road Suite 500 Carle Place, NY 11514|
|Holding||No Holding Details|
View Company Page
Responsible for daily pool and grounds maintenance for an apartment community and some preparation of vacant apartments.
Reports to: Community Service Supervisor and/or Assistant Community Service Supervisor
MAJOR FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB INCLUDE:
1. Remove trash from office areas and apartment community perimeter on a daily basis.
2. Remove trash from vacant apartments (trash outs) prior to make-ready.
3. Clean and maintain pool daily. Monitor and maintain proper chemical balance of pool water. Update pool logs and/or records.
4. Check gates to pool area for proper operation.
5. Clean carpets in vacant and occupied apartments as directed by management team.
6. Water property plants, flowers and grass in between scheduled visits or in absence of lawn care contractor.
7. Attendance is an essential job function.
OTHER ASPECTS OF JOB
1. May be requested to assist in other areas of community including make-ready, painting, furniture moving, as the community needs dictate.
2. May be assigned to door-to-door trash pick up duties if apartment community offers that as an amenity.
3. Attends and participates in Camden’s training programs as required.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by your management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
Requirements REQUIRED EDUCATION AND TRAINING
DEGREES AND DIPLOMAS
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred; not required.
Training can be handled on-the-job. Must have certifications/permits required by city or state to perform job responsibilities (i.e. pool operations, etc.)
Carpet/Steam cleaning machine/Wet-Dry Vacuum
Leaf/Trash blowing machine
Previous experience with tools/equipment needed for apartment make-ready duties preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE
3+ months experience picking up trash from grounds, cleaning carpets, maintaining pools, etc. preferred.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Must be able to stand, bend, crouch, push/pull, reach, hold/grip, and climb stairs/ladders on a regular basis. Will lift/move/carry light to heavy weight material/appliances/equipment, and use some repetitive motion of hands, wrist and elbows. Must have normal range of hearing, vision, and depth perception for proper handling of chemicals and equipment. Needs to be able to complete tasks wearing appropriate safety equipment (i.e., back belts, goggles, masks, gloves, etc.). For additional information regarding the physical demands of this position, please see the position’s Physical Demands Analysis, which is available in Public Folders or through the Human Resources Department.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS
Should be able to comprehend and read some English at basic level to understand equipment instructions, chemical information, and safety training and directives from immediate supervisor. Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions and plans.
Will be exposed on a regular basis to outdoor environment (i.e., heat, cold, damp, rain, etc.). Will also have light to moderate exposure to injuries (i.e., chemicals, lifting, etc.).
Will be exposed to some low-level noise if and when using power tools. Hazards can be minimized with proper lifting techniques, MSDS and general safety training, and wearing of proper safety equipment. Will be called upon to work overtime and odd schedules.
Other Job Information
TalentOne Job Information
Open Jobs - 1800 Flowers Inc
- Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Active Directory Administrator
- Digital Leadership Program Mobile Associate
- Director - Loyalty
- Key Account Manager
- Manager, Analytics & Decision Support
- Manager, Strategic Analysis
- Marketing Coordinator
- MS SharePoint Developer/Admin
- Oracle Team Leader
- QA Performance Test Analyst
- Real Time Operations Coordinator
- Senior Accountant
- Senior Manager, Search Engine Optimization
- Senior Network Engineer
- The Senior Manager, Enterprise Public Relations
- Work Force management Operations Manager